Stream games from your NVIDIA GameStream-compatible PC on your home network or over the Internet with Moonlight. Use your touchscreen or an iOS-compatible (MFi) gamepad to play your PC games on your iOS device.
Simply install NVIDIA GeForce Experience (GFE) on your compatible PC, make sure GameStream is enabled in GFE's SHIELD settings page, and you're ready to stream!
• Open-source and completely free
• Up to 4K 120 FPS with bitrate options up to 100 Mbps
• Stream games purchased from any game store
• Support for new MFi controllers with L3/R3 buttons on iOS 12.1
• Play over the Internet or LTE using our automatic configuration tool linked in the Setup Guide
• Wake-on-LAN to remotely wake your PC for streaming
• Local co-op with up to 4 connected controllers
• Windows 7 or newer
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX/RTX series desktop or mobile GPU (GT-series and non-NVIDIA GPUs not supported)
• NVIDIA GeForce Experience (GFE) 2.2.2 or later
• Ethernet connection from PC to router highly recommended
• 5 GHz WiFi is highly recommended
• A physical gamepad is recommended for faster paced games
• At least 5 Mbps upload speed from your PC for Internet/LTE streaming
If you have any trouble, click our support link for help or look for the help links within Moonlight.
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with NVIDIA Corporation. Please do not contact them for support. Instead, use the support link at the bottom of the app description.
This app is open-source under the GPL. The code can be found here: https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-ios
All trademarks cited here are the property of their respective owners.
• Removed the default Steam app tile for compliance
• Fixed video issues when using HEVC with GeForce Experience 3.19
• Added 4K resolution option for iPhone 6s and newer devices
• Improved video processing performance
• Reduced audio bitrate when the chosen video bitrate is low
• Fixed incorrect initial resolution when streaming at 120 FPS
Ratings and Reviews
Overall a Great App
This is an overall great app. It lets me play PC games from anywhere on my phone at a Somewhat low delay (depending on the service/WiFi) which is a great convienence. However, aside from this being a great app, there are a few things to be improved. First of all there is no customizable control scheme. There is no customizing for the on screen controls whatsoever, rather than it displaying on the screen or not, also having a simple option with only l3 and r3, there is just a ton of useless buttons. Who needs a dpad that takes half the screen when you never need it. I’d say 90% of all emulators have an option to set the size of certain buttons, which is disappointing that this app doesn’t have that. Also I’d be nice to rebind the controls for mfi controllers. The WOL feature also doesn’t work when I made sure to port forward all the ports nessisary. Including the WOL one. Anyway this app is great, and I hope the dev implements more to it because it has great potential.
Great, although some suggestions
This is an awesome app for when you don’t feel like getting out of bed to play some PC games, but it could be better. For instance, the controls are very restricted. It’s either NO controls (you move your finger around to move the cursor), SIMPLE controls (just 6 buttons, in the RB LB configuration, seen on the top of controllers, plus two other buttons), and FULL controls (freaking PS D pad, shoulder buttons and bumpers, TWO thumb sticks, an XYAB button configuration, and start/select near the bottom edges). In my opinion, it’s either not enough or WAY TOO MUCH, as in a lot of cases only need two thumb sticks, XYAB, and start/select (ok, maybe the bumpers and shoulder buttons). The rest is just covered up screen space. Please add an option to set custom button layouts and sizes, and to choose what buttons you need. It would greatly increase the usefulness of this app. Other than that, that’s pretty much the only complaint I have. It’s responsive, but I probably wouldn’t use it for FPSes, and tweakable bitrates from 0.5 mbps to 50 mbps (default 10 on 720p, 20 on 1080p), and framerates either 30 Hz or 60 Hz. I would recommend 20 Mbps at 1080p 60Hz, but you could go for a lower setting. Overall pretty OK app, let down by the controls.
By the way, it works pretty well on my laptop:
Inspiron 15 i5577
i5 7th gen 3500hq
8 GB ram
2.4 GHz 20 MBPS down / 5 MBPS up
Although you probably want 5 GHz.
The bugs and crappy design decisions of this app have finally been phased out. This team did a great job at listening to its users and have finally delivered an excellent, flexible app that is worthy of some serious praise.
They’ve gripped a technology that is still very new and done an incredible job delivering it users in an intuitive way that I frankly cannot get enough of!
I hope and pray that continue keeping an ear out for their users as they continue rolling out features.
I’ll say it right now, I would easily have paid for this app and should it ever become a paid app, I am finally able to say I would gladly support this team.
Thank you guys! Seriously, there are not enough people like you in the tech industry.
- Diego Waxemberg
- 4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Game Controller
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Moonlight Game Streaming Project
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.