Moonshades is a dungeon crawler RPG to restore the immersive atmosphere and experience of the old-school role playing games.
Recall the fun of the genuine adventure games inspired by D&D - embedded in 3D surroundings with a deep, captivating story. Discover an enigmatic realm loaded with ancient magic and myths - grand legends are reborn as you venture into the epic journey!
The conquer's tale leads you beneath the ruined towns - toward grim, eerie dungeons and nesting monsters in the ghostly light. Some descendants of Harten still resist with all their might, enshrining the secrets of the ancestors' magic. Join the mission to bring the liberty and the radiant, lost wisdom back for these rich and mystic lands! The Crown's glory and treasures are buried, many kingdoms of darkness has invaded the realm, but the hope for changing the threads of the history has not been forlorn in the deepness of the dungeons. Finally, the reward for your efforts will be fabulous!
Essences of the Moonshades RPG:
- Mythic beasts and other fantasy creatures come to life in a massive, cryptic dungeon environment.
- Armour yourself for the battles, and find your best strategy to attack their enemies' weaknesses.
- The adventures provide you thousands of upgradable items (weapons, armors, accessories); use miraculous artifacts to make them stronger!
- Action and story-telling both play vital roles during achieving quests and puzzles.
- Fight in real-time combats for fabulous loots, magical items and otherworldly abilities!
- Learn plenty of devastating, protective or remedial spells & skills, and master the status effects for advance!
- Roam around the fantasy RPG realm, follow your insight, and keep an observing attitude - the help would arise sometimes by surprising sources to solve the riddles and puzzles - don't leave a path unexplored!
- Discover other wanderers traces; talk and trade with NPC's through your quests; search for meaningful hints to find out the puzzles.
- Envision the fairy past by the haunting memories of the fallen heroes! Find the scrolls of Harten and Aesthirya to unearth legendary episodes from the greatest empires' history.
- Be aware of the crafty & deadly traps!
- Experiment the wonder of Magic Forge: make powerful potions, craft epic, legendary or even relic items, and enchant your gear!
- Dive into the challenge of Arcane Dungeon's grim labyrinth for marvelous treasures, when the hallowed Moons let you enter!
- Try your luck: dicey deals await you with the vendor of the bewitched chests.
Join the community: https://www.facebook.com/moonshadesgame/
Step into the teleport, and have a lots of fun in this nostalgic fantasy rpg!
Ratings and Reviews
I’m on disability and am an avid gamer. There have been countless times where I download a game and uninstall after a few minutes. Have not done that with this game. The longer I play the more I learn and the more I get addicted. There is not a gotcha system. It’s pure grind, craft, enchant, and forge. It really feels like a mixed version of Elder Scrolls and Doom, with sprinkles of D&D. The conversations and banter you 2 characters have is enjoyable and at times pretty funny. There a few nitpicks I have though (most take the bad with the good, or else you won’t know what to and what not to fix).
The grind is very real and at times can be a bit tedious. Having to run back and forth from the Blacksmith to sell and turn in quests gets pretty old. I keep hitting a skill instead of my movement arrows or attack because, there is no way to adjust UI sizes. The drag and drop element is nice yes, but at the same time, there are times I wish there was a quick-equip button. Looking at Gear Score instead of building around my characters builds also brings me out of the immersion. Lastly, it would be nice if I didn’t have to keep buying a map just to display the dungeon level mini map. If I find the map in the dungeon it should always be up for that section.
That’s all I have as far as issues I have with the game. Everything else, is really good. Even the nitpicks I had don’t affect my enjoyment.
I have played many games, many “mobile rpgs” or “old school style” ones as well, I have deleted all but two Another EDEN which was designed by a legendary individual within the jrpg history, and this game. This game which stands apart from all the money grabbing gacha sludge which exists out there. To think one person designed all this and put it out there is amazing, the combat is fluid and fun, exploring is exciting and the atmosphere is the right amount of creepy and atypical dungeon. The item names range from epic to silly, every function of this game is amazing and if I had one complaint, quit your job and just work on this forever, due to COVID it’s too hard to put aside $40 all at one time but I have when able purchased a $5 of gems just to try and throw a little support your way, but if I’m speaking honestly to any potential player, if you like old school dungeon crawling that inspired games like the souls series than for an indie mobile game, this plays like a professional old school game and the best advice I can give is forget reading reviewers hurry up and play!
No clear information where to go
Okay, I was enjoying the game to begin with. Brought me back to my old days. I liked that I got to explore a few places but...let’s be honest, after going through the second floor at the beginning, a ton of other doors opened. I spent three hours, three (even went to the wiki for help and guide) but there was no help to tell me where to go. I couldn’t progress. The door to the enchanted library was locked. Going to Targon was a lvl 20 area when I was lvl 7, and the only other places I could find (the cemetery and the lair or whatever) you can’t progress in either. Maybe I’m blind but after having all the maps, clearing everything EVERYTHING OUT I couldn’t find where the next area was to go to since all the other ones were locked. I don’t think that was well planned or there is an error I’m encountering that isn’t showing me the last place. Either way I wanted to love this gam3 but being lvl 7 and being hella confused on where to go next for hours, then realizing everywhere I can go is locked off didn’t make me happy. I’m giving it a two stars because I liked the concept and design of the game, the tutorial level and second level were easy to follow but after that...idk where to do and the hints didn’t help at all since apparently there are 2 wolf lair levels but the hints is saying there are 5.
I play a ton of Dark soul games, Elden ring included, and this game by far has the worst progression in it I have seen. Would not recommend.
Developer Response ,
Hello Kathria, thank you for providing your feedback about the game. Your comments are very much appreciated and will help me improve the game.
Have you talked with all the NPCs? Some of them will give you a key if you listen them. (use the Next button multiple times)
If you are still stuck there are walkthrough videos on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0uF6srk0uMUxz7K_ss4_KCWWX6-qSdEA
Please let me know if you have any further feedback to provide! firstname.lastname@example.org Best regards, Viktor (the developer)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Viktor Domonyi
- 611.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Viktor Domonyi
- In-App Purchases
- 600 gems $4.99
- 1300 gems $9.99
- 200 gems $1.99
- 3000 gems $22.99
- 7000 gems $35.99
- Moonshades Pack 1 $4.99
- 16000 gems $69.99
- Moonshades Pack 2 $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.