Moonshine is a free and open source middleweight IDE built with ActionScript 3 for ActionScript 3, Feathers, Apache Flex®, Apache Royale® development with Cloud and Desktop support.
- Works with feature parity on the cloud model
The first IDE developed to provide cloud support for ActionScript 3 , Apache Flex®, Apache Royale® and Feathers. Now you can create your projects on the cloud and utilize the agility of a cloud based platform using Moonshine IDE.
- 100% Cross Platform
Moonshine is a cross platform open source application. With Moonshine you will find the luxury of developing anywhere on any platform.
- Built specifically to focus on Apache Flex® and Royale®
The Apache Royale® is a continuation of the previous effort called FlexJS to produce a next-generation of the Apache Flex® SDK that enables developers to use MXML and ActionScript to generate HTML/JS/CSS applications which can run natively in browsers. The cross-compiled code can also be used in Apache Cordova® (Adobe PhoneGap) mobile applications.
- Subversion support
We are providing SLIKSVN for subversion support because they provide a standalone command-line Subversion client for Windows. The installer contains all command line tools (svn, svnadmin, svnsync, svnserve, svnmucc) without application bindings or Apache modules. For more information please visit https://sliksvn.com/
+ Ant build
+ FDB debugger for debugging support
+ TourDeFlex component to assist with teaching the Flex syntax
+ Mobile application development support
Moonshine 2.4.0 adds some improvements for Grails, including project imports and menu actions to run Grails or Gradle commands.
Moonshine also now supports configuration of an Adobe AIR SDK in addition to the Flex, Feathers, and Royale SDKs.
- Added interface to run Grails and Gradle commands on Grails projects
- Added support for configuring the Adobe AIR SDK.
- Grails: Automatically configure the standard classpath folders
- Grails: Import Grails projects
- Java Gradle: Add basic settings interface.
- Remember last opened path for file chooser.
- Changed shortcut for Open File to CTRL+Shift+O (Windows), CMD+Shift+O (macOS).
- Changed shortcut for Open Project to CTRL+O (Windows), CMD+O (macOS).
- Changed shortcut for Organize Imports to CTRL+SHIFT+I (Windows), CMD+SHIFT+I (macOS).
- Fixed bug which broke compilation for Flex projects
- Fixed issue where the last character was omitted from a text selection.
- Fixed issue where the macOS non-App Store build did not immediately configure the SDKs installed by Moonshine SDK Installer
- Fixed issue which prevented CTRL/CMD + click from working on method reference.
- Miscellaneous bug-fixes and improvements to project dependencies interface
- Updated selection error for adding breakpoints to make it less likely to click it by accident.
- Removed obsolete "Esc exists" text from plugin descriptions
- Fixed issue where the language server reported an error when the project file for a Grails project did not match the project directory name
- Fixed error on Go To Definition and Go To Type Definition
Ratings and Reviews
Nice to now have integrated SDK installation with the IDE
The latest release eliminates the need to separately figure out how to download the Apache Flex and FlexJS SDKs. This saves time getting started to explore the new FlexJS and existing Flex frameworks. Unfortunately this was difficult to achieve while balancing the necessary security requirements of the App Store. We think we struck a good balance with adding this feature while preserving the desire to publish to the App Store. We would love to hear your frank feedback, or better yet have your involvement to make further improvements to this open source project. We hope to include code completion as the next major task, so if you know anything about building AIR Native Extensions please reach out to us.
- Prominic.NET, Inc.
- 133.1 MB
- Developer Tools
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © (C) Copyright 2019 Prominic.NET. All rights reserved under the Apache license. No warranty of merchantability or fitness of any kind. Use this software at your own risk.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.