Welcome to Moptu
A better way to get your news. We are news unfiltered: articles brought to you not by us or impersonal algorithms, but by YOU, our users.
Moptu combines the power of social media and personal curation to end the tyranny of news feeds and social algorithms that make decisions for you about what you should (or shouldn’t) read. We believe that the best way to find the very best articles about news is to have them crowd sourced and brought to you by a pool of people who care the way you care. Traditional social media is great, but the big platforms rely on algorithms, are agenda driven, and your feed is constantly littered with memes, status updates, pictures and lots of other forms of social media noise. Aggregators are great but, they are impersonal, less fun, and don’t have the personal touch.
Moptu is the better way. It was founded, and is run, by childhood friends Josh Namm and Charles Haspel. Like everyone else, we get our news online, but in this era of misinformation, misleading stories, and privacy concerns, we found that it was increasingly difficult to consistently find and share unbiased, substantive information.
As tech lovers and avid news junkies, we envisioned a destination that makes it fun and easy for people to discover, share, discuss and organize information from sources they trust, without having to navigate through bias and the general ‘noise’ that is associated with typical social media. We sincerely believe that a platform that puts the power to share news socially back into the hands of individuals will help our society be better informed, and therefore less fractured. Our goal is to empower you to inform, unite and educate.
Our users post articles about every imaginable topic throughout the day: politics, entertainment, recipes, wellness, science etc. Because all of our articles are posted by regular people, you truly get news from all sides, far outside of the echo chamber of other news and social media platforms. Users like you post a lot, so our content is always changing.
Love sports but hate politics? Hate politics but love recipes? Love politics, recipes, and sports? Follow all of your interests on Moptu!
• Users can create unlimited customizable topics to share articles, organize pages and making it easy and hassle free to find articles on someone’s page!
• Our topics, coupled with the fact that Moptu never deletes your links, ensures that your articles never get lost, allowing you to effortlessly look back through your search history, repost, and ‘give life’ to old articles.
• Moptu enables you to search articles with keywords and your search results immediately show articles themselves (instead of just titles).
Ready to start? Some last bits of info.
• We're passionate about this. We're devoted to bringing you the best possible way to share news with friends, family & people you trust.
• We plan on updating the app frequently, so get ready for more exciting features.
• You can also be a part of the Moptu community on the desktop/mobile sites at:
You can now change your profile picture and page banner.
Fixed some visual bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some attention but I love what you are doing.
I cannot add/change the profile photo which needs to be corrected. Also the App seems to crash often using IOS 14.1. I had to sign up without a photo because the app was crashing so frequently that I could not get it done in time. Please fix these issue and I really think your onto something here!!!
Developer Response ,
I wanted to thank you for giving our app a try. We really appreciate the support. We were overwhelmed by the response to an article written about us. As a result our servers were unresponsive and resulted in a bad experience, for which we are truly sorry. We have resolved the issues and would be grateful if you would give us another try.
Good concept bad follow through
I like the concept and the layout is not bad.
However there seem to be a few issues.
1. I am unable to post original content, only what others have already posted.
2. Now that my account is set up, I skipped putting in a profile pic, I can change nothing. I have no discernible way to change my profile picture and I am stuck with the default.
3. I was able to add new topics but it is not intuitive at all. If you did not add a topic on setup, you are ridiculously limited to three, you need to add a topic or when posting a article you are limited to choosing the topics you picked.
Those are my top three complaints. Two are serious issues and render the app “broken” for me and are non starters. The profile picture is just an inconvenience.
As I said I like the concept and real hope for a platform that accommodated free flow of ideas and debate, however not being able to post original content is a huge issue. The smaller detail should have been worked out by now but are not.
Hopefully things improve, I would love too see this concept take wings .
Developer Response ,
I wanted to thank you for giving our app a try. We really appreciate the support. I apologize that some aspects are confusing and some features are limited in the app. We are extremely small so not able to add features as fast as the big guys. In terms of your specific issues I would like to help:
1. You are actually able to share any article you can read in a browser to Moptu. The trick with the app is enabling the sharing extension. If you email me I can send you a PDF guide to setting it up. Unfortunately, Apple (hopefully you are listening) doesn't make it easy to have the sharing extension show up when installing the app.
2. You can't currently change the profile picture in the app, but you can if you sign in using a browser, go to the profile icon in the upper left, select Edit Account.
3. I agree that adding a topic is confusing. Again, the app is lacking in this regard. You CAN add as many topics as you want, you just have to add it from the sharing extension by clicking the plus button when choosing a topic. In the browser there is an Add Topic function on your user page. We do plan on adding an easy way to do this in the app.
Please feel free to email me any questions and I am happy to help.
Smart social media
Moptu is great! I got fed up with Facebook and Instagram a while back because it just seemed like a constant stream of selfies and time-wasting junk. Here you can actually be exposed to intelligent articles posted by people with similar interests. I mostly use it for arts and culture, but friends who are more political than I am tell me it’s an excellent forum for reading and discussions about current hot issues—and no one gets banned or censored. Kind of a big deal these days!
I highly recommend you try it. It’s new, but it’s extremely well designed and easy to use.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Moptwo, Inc.
- 42.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013-2022 Moptwo, Inc.