Crash-landed on a desolate, alien planet, what should've been a routine work-for-hire job for Powell has become a deadly mission to save the merchant vessel Morningstar and her crew. With one man dead and the captain gravely injured, Powell is on his own to repair the ship and find a way to escape the strange gravity well of the empty planet they've landed on.
And if the situation weren't dire enough, the only signs of life on the planet are the remains of a much larger and better equipped ship and her crew, all dead, and not by natural means. What--or who--brought down these ships and is killing their crews? For what reason? And can Powell find a way off-planet before he shares the same fate?
- Experience the remastered immersive sci-fi adventure, packed with gorgeous HD graphics, detailed puzzles and scenes, and a streamlined interface for mobile platforms
- Explore haunting landscapes and gorgeous cinematics, all in beautiful high definition
- Uncover the mystery of Deadrock through intriguing puzzles and gripping storyline
- The alien planet of Deadrock comes alive with full voice acting and engrossing sound effects
Thanks for playing Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock! Here's what's new in this update:
- iOS11 compatibility fixes
- UI usability fixes
- Game center and achievements fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nicely done, generally solid game
Devs did a nice job of trying to give the game a bit of a cinematic feel. Story was interesting, plot made me think a bit of Lifeline. Graphics and sound are good, particularly the music. Puzzles are of low to medium difficulty. A few tasks must be completed in an order that isn't necessarily intuitive, but not a big deal.
I did like the effort required to learn a bit of the alien sign system, though given the limited symbol set and number of fields, it appears that, by my reckoning, the number of species that could be catalogued would be relatively small.
Poor iOS port, requesting refund
Although the product loads, there are multiple technical problems:
(1) UI items load in the wrong place when in landscape mode on my iPad mini, making the display almost impossible to view.
(2) The music, voiceover, and sound effect all continue to play when deselected in the menu (and restarting the app *and* the device itself.
(3) Numerous game play flaws, e.g. after using the steel rod to move the cargo canisters blocking the way to the landing bay(?), they remain in place and the Captain repeats that you have to move them. But after the first try, the action "target" disappears, so it's impossible to try again.
Based on reading some of the walkthroughs and what I've seen in the first 5 rooms, the gameplay only works correctly if you perform tasks in an exact order. Grab the wrench before the toy doll and you'll never see that doll again and never get into the engine room.
Really wanted to enjoy this game, but not willing to restart from scratch every time I figure out where your programmers skimped on logic
Loved it! Please make more!
Love puzzle adventure games, this is one of the best ever. I love how your puzzles actually make sense, like "find a wrench and fix a pipe" instead of some games which are basically medallions and fanciful keys and crap that makes no sense. Please develop more games along these lines, I would pay for them all! Very high quality. Would dig various genres too, sci fi is great but horror/thriller stuff would be fun, archeology/period stuff, or whatever. Thank you!
- Phoenix Online Studios LLC
- 377.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Red Herring Labs
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.