S O S ··· --- ···
What happens when you join 21st-century technology with 19th-century technology? This quaint little iOS custom keyboard that lets you tap out morse code on a vintage telegraph key.
Don't know morse? Don't worry! The keyboard has an integrated cheat sheet to help show you how to tap out every letter, number, and symbol in International Morse Code.
We're proud to announce a major update to TeleKey!
The app now has a whole bunch of new features you've been clamoring for, including:
* Sound! If you enable "Full Access", you can hear realistic sounds while you type! You have a choice of either period-authentic clacks or a more subdued beep
* Split mode! Instead of having to hold down the key for a dash, you can have separate dot and dash buttons for quick entry
* Customizable WPM!
* Space bar settings! You can choose to have the keyboard automatically enter spaces or not
* Send raw dots and dashes! If you want to send morse messages to your friends, you can have the keyboard output raw "." and "-" characters instead of translating your morse into letters.
* A new tutorial! For those new to morse code, it'll teach you how to use the keyboard
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just short of being an amazing app
First off, I'd like to say that this is an awesome idea. The keyboard looks amazing; the sketch of a telegraph is just perfect! However, like any app, this keyboard has a few issues. Like many other reviewers, the first problem I have with this app is that it is completely silent; adding sound effects for . and - would be wonderful. Secondly, if there were an option to divide the screen in half to enable typing . and - with a single tap and without pressing longer for -, I could actually type on this keyboard fairly quickly and comfortably. Despite these problems, this is still a great app. I can't wait to see where it goes in the future!
As soon as you set the app to play digital beeps instead of clicks and open the keyboard, the only thing that works is the "dash" tone. And it doesn't shut off....
Liked this app because you could send encoded messages but the whole platform needs work before use.
Well Made: one complaint
I love the keyboard and all of its features, but I was disappointed when I found out that it doesn't make the beeping sound of the dits and dahs when you type…it's completely silent.
Apart from this very minor disappointment, it's great.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.