Do you love codes and secrets? Morse Toad is the fantastic educational app that teaches you morse code through a series of simple lessons and exercises. Based on the world renown Koch method, letters are learned one at a time -- at full speed -- and when the player demonstrates their mastery of the new letter, another is added until the full alphabet is learned.
This app is for you if you ever:
* Plan to learn morse code
* Plan to be held hostage in a spanish villa
* Plan to signal a search helicopter with a flashlight
* Plan to be trapped in a mine and communicate with rescuers through tugs on a rope
Here's what people have to say:
"My friend and I both used your app to learn Morse Code while on a plane to a hacker conference. It's really polished!" - A guy the author works with
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated success sound
Ratings and Reviews
Just needs a few tweaks to be awesome
I like so far. I would love to see some enhancements to this app. I would like to see a progress tracker and a way to work a bit more on the individual letters I am struggling with. Right now you have to back track and work on the ones you are solid on to get to the problem one. If something was added where you could listen and drill on individual letters I feel the ear training would pick up even more. Then you could jump back into the regular drills to march on.
Great, fun learning and practice tool
The minimalistic 1980's aesthetic is appealing in a retro way, but it's the rock solid design of the user interaction (gameplay and pedagogy) that really makes this a great app. Its focus is teaching you aural recognition of all the letters and numbers in Morse, combining Koch (add one letter to your leaned repertoire at a time) and Farnsworth (always listen to letters at full speed, but have them spaced out to give you time to think) techniques.
Good for learning alphabet
This is a good app for learning the morse alphabet, but it’s not as good for instant character recognition.
A couple changes would make this app better. These are crutches that impede learning.
1. Ability to turn off the keyboard hints (dits and dahs). These are turned off in the challenges already.
2. Being able to turn off the replay of the sound. If you don’t immediately recognize the character, it would be better for learning to mark it wrong and move on to the next character.
Just a suggestion, it would be great to have free form leaning of the characters so that problem characters can be isolated and worked on.
I hope these suggestions help!
The developer, Mike Judge, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michael Judge
- 45.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Mike Judge
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.