Choose the drug handbook trusted for nearly 30 years! Download the FREE app and view selected topics. (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
From the leading name in nursing, Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference is a full-color portable nursing drug handbook that makes it easy to find the most vital information on the drugs that nurses administer most frequently. More than 5,000 drugs are profiled - including 20-30 new entries for drugs recently approved by the FDA. . No other drug guide places a higher emphasis on patient safety, with Black Box Warnings for dangerous adverse reactions, Safety Alerts for situations requiring special attention, and a focus on both common and life-threatening side effects. Backed with practical online resources, Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference proves there is a difference in drug guides. It's Mosby's bestselling drug reference for nurses!
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- Safety Alert icon highlights the most critical drug interactions and side effects.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- Coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, and a full-color design highlights important information.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.Overview of drug categories explains the safe administration of common classes of drugs, as well as their common side effects and interactions.
- Cross-references indicate drug information that may be found in the appendices.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
By Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP, Consultant, Littleton, CO; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM; El Paso Community College, El Paso, TX
Content and iOS 12 related updates
Ratings and Reviews
Fast searching and bookmarks!
You can create bookmarks for any topic in the book. Same book as print version but also has black box warnings.
Must have app!
This nursing drug handbook makes it easy to find the most vital information on the drugs. It has more than 5,000 generic & trade-name drugs information and 15 monographs.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We aim to make our resources user friendly and helpful to our customers.
I am amazed with this full color portable nursing drug reference app. It offers thousands of drug references. This is a must have app for nurses.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Skyscape Medpresso Inc
- 39.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 1998-2018 Skyscape Medpresso, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Mosby 2020 Nursing Drug Ref $44.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.