Mote turns your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch into a fully programmable Wi-Fi remote control. Use your iPhone/iPad/iPod to control any ethernet-enabled device which communicates via TCP, UDP, HTTP, or HTTPS. Mote is programmable directly on your iPhone/iPad/iPod (no external software required), allowing you to design multiple panels of controls (buttons, slider, and switches), with sequences of commands assigned to each control. Mote is highly customizable, with an elegant programming interface, providing one of the most economical home automation solutions available.
Mote is designed primarily for the home automation do-it-yourself hobbyist. Coupled with appropriate controller hardware, your iPhone/iPad/iPod makes an incomparable remote control. See the web site for sample applications.
Mote now supports the SQ Blaster by Square Connect, a hardware IR blaster with a built-in IR code database for most home theater devices. Program Mote using the built-in IR codes. The combination of Mote plus an SQ Blaster provides the ultimate home theater remote.
Mote aso supports Global Cache iTach and GC100 devices, including IR learning and emitting.
Mote also support Bill Redirect Software (www.billproduction.com), for remote control of Windows applications.
- Programmable directly on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- No external software required.
- Communicates via TCP, UDP, HTTP, or HTTPS.
- Controls SQ Blasters, with built-in IR code database.
- Controls Global Cache iTach and GC100 devices, including IR learning and emitting.
- Controls HomeVision controllers.
- Controls Bill Redirect Software (www.billproduction.com).
- Programmable buttons, sliders, and switches.
- Organize by activities, devices, and rooms.
- Multiple button panels for each activity/device.
- Button panels in portrait and landscape mode.
- Assign sequences of commands to any button.
- Send commands using gestures.
- Send Wake-on-LAN signals.
- Query a device and display its response.
- Send ASCII or binary commands, or a mix of both.
- Store multiple programs for different locations.
- Editable button panel templates.
- Upload your own custom button icons and backgrounds.
- Access programming using iTunes File Sharing.
- Backup/restore programming to/from Google Drive.
- Launch external applications, such as music servers.
- iOS 6 compatible, including multitasking.
- Fully supports the Retina display.
- Optional operator and programmer passwords.
- See web site for demo video and user manual.
NOTE: Mote requires appropriate hardware which can be communicated with via one of the supported protocols, along with some (though not much) technical savvy. iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches do not have IR transmitters. Additional hardware is required for most home theater applications. Please understand these requirements before purchasing this product.
Bug fixes for iOS 11.
Ratings and Reviews
Great balance of power and ease-of-use
This is a great app; it is a great balance between power-flexibility and ease-of-use. I've used it for years, with a number of processors (via Global Cache devices).
LOVE this app!
After purchasing a Global Cache' iTach IP2SL (Serial) I wasted time and money on other apps such as MyURemote (very expensive and very clumsy). In addition to the great price, Mote is by far the best remote app on the App Store. Thank you for this awesome app!!!
Great no-frills remote for IR devices
Works great with GlobalCache's iTach Flex. Learning of IR codes is quick & easy.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.