MotionBook is built for creative people like you, to discover the fun of making flipbook animations.
The MotionBook app provides a set of well designed digital tools for you to create the traditional frame-by-frame animations, on your iPad or iPhone:
- A natural feel pen and eraser tool set, which provide various artistic effects include Pencil, Inking Pen, Marker, Paint Brush, Hard & Soft Erasers. And fully support pressure sensitivity of Apple Pencil.
- Convenient Undo/Redo.
- Use predefined color palette, or customize your own palette.
- A "Timeline" to easily manage all your pages. And you can also customize FPS (Frames Per Second).
- The "Onion Skin" option allows you to see previous and next pages as reference.
- The advanced editing tools help you to quick tweak drawing details, copy drawings and paste to another page, or even paste images from other apps.
- Export your animation to video (mp4) or GIF, share to your friends, or even make your own stickers.
- Integrated with the iOS Files system, where you can easily manage all your flipbook files. You can also store your files to iCloud, and make them sync'd across your iPhones and iPads.
- Various sample templates to help you easily begin your journey to the animation world.
- Use a video clip as background, to help you learn to draw pose/gestures with real-world references. Or you can just add interesting hand-draw elements to your favorite videos.
This update includes bug-fixes and stability improvement.
Ratings and Reviews
Great great great, missing a few things
Only been using it for a few minutes, I downloaded the app assuming there was a paid version and went in with the intent of buying it because I could just refund if I didn’t like it. It’s great, everything works well and is easy to use. There’s just a few thing that I think it needs to REALLY be awesome, I’ve seen another review mention layers, that’s a big one for me too. Aside from layers, I think that there really needs to be a way to select multiple frames at once so you can copy a motion without getting tangled in the pages if you get what I mean. It can get messy reusing a sequence of frames when there’s not an easy way to just copy and move the sequence. Last thing is less important over all, especially if layers are added, but I’d love to see a way to keep something selected and be able to go into other tools, like selecting the shirt of a character and then coloring it in without going beyond what you’ve selected. Kind of advanced mechanics for an app, I could do all this in photoshop which I have, but there’s a convenience in this that sitting at my desk doesn’t give. Over all I think the 5 dollar price point is fair, the app feels good, works well, produces fairly high quality pieces, if it had those few things I mentioned I would RAVE about this app none stop. Honestly it is so so so close to being nearly perfect for what it is.
Love the app, would like to see layers added!
I’ve been using the free version of this app for a little bit now and I’m completely amazed at what this application has to offer. Normally you are very restricted with the free version of any drawing app, but these guys do it so much better. I was considering buying the full version, however, I would like to see a layers system added into the full version. There are many times I find myself making drafts and sketches that I would like to erase completely and still have finished mine work intact or top of it. Other than that, this app works great for anyone looking to get into animation and on a low budget such as myself.
Powerful and easy to use
This app is pretty powerful in its free state, but definitely worth the five bucks for the more advanced features. It’s a straight-forward flip-book animation tool that offers smooth drawing. Its interface is uncluttered and simple, and that’s actually the only problem I’ve found with it so far—there aren’t enough controls.
By default, the app saves its internal projects to iCloud, which is useful if you’re going to be working on animations on different devices, but I prefer to keep everything on my iPad. It’s possible to set the default location to save projects to your local device, but you have to go to the settings app to do it.
MotionBook is definitely worth playing with, if you’re interested in rotoscoping, adding doodles to existing videos or photos, or drawing animations from scratch.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 亮 彭
- 22.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Liang Peng
- In-App Purchases
- MotionBook Full Features $4.99