Transform your phone into an expressive musical instrument and make it sing
Motion Vox is an all-in-one mobile music creation and performance workstation with a built-in motion-based controller, sequencer, and synthesis engine. Motion Vox transforms your smartphone into a powerful musical instrument based on motion.
- Powerful controller based on the combination of touch screen and motion sensors;
- Intuitive piano roll editor based on innovative yet simple 2-fingers note editing interface optimized for mobile touch screens;
- Polyphonic synthesizer with 2 oscillators, filters, LFOs, and envelopes;
- Built-in sound effects inside the synthesizer FX section: reverb, phaser, tape delay;
- Reach MIDI protocol support;
- Synthesizer parameters mapping system: any parameter could be mapped to the internal controller.
Motion Vox controller unites XY pad, accelerometer, and gyroscope events with complex data filtering engine. A performance process consists of touching an active area on a screen with the index finger and moving the cursor while moving the device in space. Smartphone position in space and finger movement on a screen affect various parameters of sound or generate real-time MIDI output.
A built-in sequencer is implemented in the form of a traditional piano roll editor with a specific system for entering musical text using the thumbs of both hands. This approach allows you to hold the device comfortably, which allows the user to quickly record sequences.
Semi-modular synthesizer with a straightforward graphical interface contains state variable filters, customizable oscillators, and modulators (envelopes and LFOs). The effects rack consists of stereo reverb, tape delay, and phaser. Any parameter of the app sound engine could be manually mapped to the app controller touch or motion events (finger position on screen and device rotation in space).
Motion Vox has full MIDI format support, including SMF (Standard MIDI File) export, MIDI files import, and real-time MIDI output using either WiFi, Bluetooth, or USB connection. Motion Vox outputs control change, pitch bend, and notes messages simultaneously. It is possible to map any MIDI controller to device motion and screen touches.
* Pro Features one-time in-app purchase include:
- MIDI support;
- Saving projects;
- Saving synthesizer presets.
The app is optimized for iPhone but it also runs smoothly on iPad.
- New walkthrough tutorial
- New synthesizer presets and demo projects
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andrei Bundin
- 11.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Andrei Bundin
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Features $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.