• Detects media files that may be incompatible with future versions of macOS after Mojave
• Improves reliability when sharing video to YouTube
Introduced in Version 5.4.2
Advanced color grading
• Use color wheels in 1-up or 4-up layouts to quickly adjust hue, saturation, and brightness
• Apply professional color curves to make ultra-fine adjustments to color and contrast
• Hue/saturation curves let you select and change a specific hue or brightness level while leaving other parts of the image unchanged
• Use the eye dropper with the color and hue/saturation curves to quickly sample parts of an image for adjustment
• Apply custom LUTs from popular color grading apps and sites
• Adjust color corrections over time with precise keyframe controls
• Instantly turn any photo or video into a comic book illustration
• Choose from a variety of styles to create color, monochrome, or grayscale artwork
• Refine the comic book look with simple controls to adjust ink edges, fill, and smoothness
Tiny Planet filter
• Add the Tiny Planet filter when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create interesting spherical looks
• Use the Z and X Rotation parameters to wrap your tiny planet effect into an infinite cylinder
• Adjust the Y Rotation parameter to move your subject horizontally within the tiny planet
• Animate the field of view to transition from a close up to a satellite view flying high above your footage
• Give generators and titles a powerfully warped look by applying the Tiny Planet filter
Core Text engine
• Core Text engine ensures accurate display of Arabic letters, Indic vowel signs in Devanagari, and Thai diacritics
• Correct rendering and animation of emoji, thin glyphs, capital letters in various point sizes, and vertical text are joined and tracked correctly
Ratings and Reviews
Little talked about but absoluty great app!
I use Motion constantly in conjunction with FCPX and the two are extremely powerful together! If you are using FCPX without Motion I highly recommend purchasing it and learning it because it will open up a new world of motion graphics and effects. I love the ability to create templates and effects in Motion and use them right inside of FCPX. Everyone talks about After Effects but, other than 3D camera tracking and the puppet tool, there really isn’t anything I can’t do in Motion that I could in After Effects. In fact, I can do many thing in Motion that require expencive plug-ins to acheive in After Effects. Not to mention Motion is much faster to use and provides far better real time playback.
To the Motion team, Keep up the great work!
Great app, but hangs after simple tasks
RIght after I bought motion, I loved it. It is really simple and easy to use. PLus there is alot of support for the app. My only problem with it is that on my iMac11,1 the app is constantly hanging and locks up unless you relaunch it. This mainly happens with audio analyzing. It says it finished analysing the audio then I press play to see if it worked. 8 out of 10 times motion will just freeze. I have sent apple many crash reports to Apple and i would love if they could fix all the problems people are having with motion freezing, crashing, or hanging.
I’ll be honest, I hate how this program handles shadow effects for 3d models. But even tho this program is mainly for FCPX transtions it can create some amazing standalone videos. I just wish Apple would push this program in that direction like After Effects. I’ll still chose this program over After Effects because of how simple the layout is and how it is clearly optomized for apple computers.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.