GO BEYOND PUSH-TO-TALK WITH THE TALKABOUT T8xx series AND FREE TALKABOUT APP
The TALKABOUT T8xx series allow you to share and track locations with your travel companions. No cell service, no problem. Just download this app, connect your smartphone via Bluetooth and you now have the ability to locate a friend’s campsite, share your current location and send messages - all while exploring off-grid. You can also control your radio setting from the TALKABOUT app. Skiing, hiking, hunting or at a music festival, the T8xx series have an IPX4 rating and a range of up to 35 miles* to keep you connected no matter where your adventures lead.
HOW IT WORKS
The T8xx series two-way radio work just like every other radio by sending information using radio frequencies to keep you connected while off-grid. The secret to the T8xx series is once your smartphone is connected to your radio over Bluetooth, the TALKABOUT smartphone app enables communication options beyond push-to-talk. The TALKABOUT app uses the T8xx series as modem to send messages, locations and more over the radio frequencies to your fellow T8xx series users. With enhanced communication and more information you enjoy unrivaled connectivity for peace of mind off the cellular grid.
Shop TALKABOUT T8xx series at
• Location sharing off-grid
• Messaging off-grid
• Record tracks & statistics
• Silent communication
• Features enabled & settings controlled by TALKABOUT App
* The communication and data ranges quoted are calculated under optimum conditions, with an unobstructed line of sight. Actual range will vary depending on terrain and conditions, and is often less than the maximum possible.
Updated App info to include Talkabout T8xx series.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great features but needs more flexibility and functions.
1) In Shout all 4 predefined messages should be editable.
2) In Shout My Tracks should be available.
3) In Shout Offline Maps should be available.
4) In Shout you should be able to change the ID Name to Profile Name.
5) Inability to turn off Dual Watch in Radio Settings.
6) In Maps when saving Pins, GPS coordinates should be automatically part of the label.
7) In Shout you should be able to individual delete messages. Not just the whole conversation.
Not great but could be.
First, the good: pairing is easy and the app is pretty self explanatory. I love that that settings for the radio can be configured from the app and then populated to other radios via the "leader/member" feature.
I tested the messaging features using two iPhones and two radios and it works pretty well.
Now the bad: the app will allow you to attach a selfie or chosen avatar to your profile just like any other chat/messaging app and you can choose your own profile name...but that data doesn't seem to go anywhere. The natural assumption would be that your avatar and name would automatically propagate to other members in your group if your phone has data (cellular/wifi, etc) when you add them but none of that happens. You still have to manually enter their names when adding members to your group, and take photos (or choose them from your photo stream). So what's the point of adding your own photo to your profile? Nothing, it seems.
Also, the downloading of offline maps is terribly slow, even when connected to wifi. I'll concede that "beggars can't be choosers," and [so far] Motorola seems to be offering these maps for free where other apps might require a subscription fee. But it is surprisingly slow.
I'll say that the pros outweigh the cons but I hope Motorola will continue to support and develop this app because it still needs some work.
If you’re trying to pair remember to turn on bluetooth through the radio settings
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS, INC
- 75.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.