Motosumo makes it easy and fun to follow, understand, and track your training: Try the only group fitness solution powered by smartphones to track and connect everyone. Every gym, every class, every member.
COMPETE, COMPARE, COOPERATE
The Motosumo app provides everyone with relevant live data, easy to understand color zones, and training history to keep track of progress. The entire team and instructor are connected in the app in real-time, so you do not need a group display to create a team experience. Be part of an engaging class where everyone interacts and becomes better together through gamification on individual, team level, or between gyms.
That covers both indoor cycling and all other group fitness classes.
INDOOR BIKE SOLUTION - RPM, KCAL, KM, HR, and WATT (available soon)
Instructor and class members are connected based on their location no matter which bike (standard or tech bikes) and Bluetooth enabled heart rate monitor they use. Ready to follow your instructor, race your friend, cooperate as a team, or challenge another gym. In addition, instructors have dedicated features like countdowns and motivational messages that can be sent to all members.
HEART RATE SOLUTION FOR ANY GROUP EXERCISE CLASS – HR and KCAL
Connects to any Bluetooth enabled Heart Rate monitor allowing everyone to connect as a team based on their location. Let members bring their own belts. Real-time feedback on workout intensity zone,
heart rate, and calories burned on mobile or group display.
Motosumo – We are motion!
App features and services:
- Worlds first sensor-free cadence measurement.
- Dedicated views for cadence, heart rate, and power.
- Compatible with Bluetooth heart rate and power meters, for example Schwinn, Keiser, Spinning, ICG, BodyBike, and Wattbike.
- Social connection – follow your instructor and team based on real-time data.
- Instructor tools with full class overview, countdowns, and emoji features.
- Session graph for the last 1.5 minutes on all real-time data.
- History overview with main workout zone, gym location, duration, estimated distance and calories.
- Workout view with dedicated views for cadence, heart rate, and power; graph with color based zone distribution and pie chart; training metrics for duration, calories, revolutions, average cadence, estimated distance, estimated average speed, average heart rate, max heart rate, average power and max power.
- Select sport to choose between indoor cycling and heart rate powered workout with dedicated views for each.
- Group display solutions available for both cadence, heart rate, power, and team.
- Onboarding, guide, and FAQ.
- Motosumo is used as part of the Schwinn1 solution.
- This app requires a data connection (cellular or Wi-Fi) for analysis of your movement data. Check your internet connection if you experience problems, or request a Wi-Fi connection from your gym.
- Can't find your gym? Please contact us at email@example.com and we will add it for you.
- There are many low-cost handlebar fixtures available that are designed specifically for smartphones. Either use your own or ask your gym to provide one.
- Always ensure that the top of your device is pointing in the direction of travel.
Motosumo is a Danish technology company with a mission to create the world’s leading group fitness solution. Backed by a strong team of investors and advisors from the fitness, gaming, and mobile industry, we are here to drive the industry forward with a real-time social network, connecting all group activities across members, instructors, classes, training concepts, and gyms all over the world. The Schwinn1 solution for indoor cycling is made possible through a strategic partnership between Motosumo and American fitness giant Core Health & Fitness.
Wanna play? Instructors can now start a race between two teams in their indoor cycling classes. Simply choose “Start race” in the instructor menu and you are ready to go!
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for
I am a road biker and wanted to do indoor cycling at home on our spinning bike. This app allows me to measure cadence, speed and heart rate (with HR monitor) super easy and accurate. One question to the developer: Unfortunately I cannot install a watt pedal on our bike. Could you integrate an estimate of your power based on HR, VO2max or FTP? Would be great! Strava also estimates your power so there should be away! This would be a super add-on!
Developer Response ,
Hi Tim. Thank you for your review. We are actually working on developing a power solution similar to what you are describing. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more info. Regards, Jens from Motosumo.
Love this app and it’s ease of use. It has improved my workouts and the immediate feedback on the screen of what level I am working at keeps me engaged and improving each time I workout.
Only complaint is there is no way to share data between my iwatch and the app for heart rate, cadence etc.
Does the job, but... (revised)
After using the app multiple times now and considering the developers DETAILED response below I feel an increase in my original rating is warranted. To the MotoSumo team, keep up the good. What I originally thought was a fault on the apps part was in fact the bikes ability to produce a steady output not the app. There is no reason not to use this FREE app. And keep that in mind, it is free and there are no annoying adverts that pop up while in use.
Used today during spin class and it stayed fairly steady throughout. There were times when I would drop cadence just a little and it seemed to take a nose dive. There’s no option to change what shows on the display though and that seems like a pretty basic functionality not to have. There’s no speed or distance that shows on the display while you’re using it; you won’t know any of that until you finish. So no workouts based upon speed or distance. Not syncing with iHealth or the iWatch is a little disappointing. If you want your HR you’ll have to buy a separate HR monitor. Developers need to get on that ASAP!
Now, what I do like about it is the functionality and ease of use. Account creation was simple and quick. The dark display is nice in class as the instructor turns down the lights and no one wants a bright display in their face. The color changes as you increase your effort is also very nice. Easy to see out of your peripheral eyesight without having to look at display is very nice.
Overall this app has the potential be very successful and the go-to source for indoor cycling. It definitely does show that the developers have put A LOT of work into and from the amount of times they have responded to feedback they seem to care about their product. If the functionality increases to support more display preferences and compatibility with the watch and health then I will definitely come back and jump up the stars.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and for the kind words. We appreciate the feedback and will take all your suggestions into consideration. A few specifics:
1) Integrating with Apple Watch is on our roadmap, but since it is only used by a minority of our users, it haven't had high priority this far.
2) We have no current plans on integrating with Apple Health, but we will take your suggestion into consideration.
3) We can clearly consider to add speed and distance as metrics during the workout. Thank you for bringing this forward as a suggestion.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review and for all of your suggestion.
Jens from Motosumo
- mO2tion technology Innovation ApS
- 60.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 mO2tion technology Innovation ApS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.