Mountain Hub is a community-fueled app that helps you discover and share valuable information in the outdoors. Join thousands of outdoor professionals and enthusiasts across the globe in a diverse community spanning hiking, trail running, mountain biking, camping, backpacking, skiing, snowboarding, climbing, mountaineering, and more. Get updates about current conditions and adventures from outdoor enthusiasts like you. Enhance your outdoor experience with useful tools like maps and route tracking. Share your knowledge and experience with our passionate outdoor community. Save a variety of maps for offline use when you’re in the backcountry. Without a subscription fee or app purchase, you can access Mountain Hub for free on any platform.
TRACKING BUILT FOR ADVENTURE
- Record and access an interactive journal of your experiences for any outdoor activity. Easily share your adventures with your family, friends, and community to any social platform such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Capture the story of your adventures through automatically geo-tagged photos and interactive 3D flyovers.
- Visualize your elevation profile during your track, in real-time.
- Discover adventures from other people around the world and find inspiration for your next experience.
POWERFUL MAP TOOLS
- View any track on Mountain Hub in 3D to aid in route planning and discovery. Seamlessly interact with 3D routes at any angle or zoom level to visualize where you have been or are about to go.
- Select from a variety of high quality mapping base layers, including worldwide topo and aerial maps.
- Use digital terrain overlays of slope, angle, and aspect to enhance your understanding of terrain and how it affects your decision-making.
- Download maps and conditions before heading off-grid to plan your adventures.
- See local trails in your area that are crowdsourced and updated every day.
CROWDSOURCED CONDITIONS NEAR YOU
- Don’t rely on outdated guidebooks and forums alone. See the most recent conditions in your area and be more prepared to tackle your adventures today.
- View interactive trip reports in your area or anywhere via the map-based feed.
DATA FOR GOOD
- Make a difference, each time you share. Your trips, observations, and beta help your local community and broader global initiatives.
- Mountain Hub’s Data for Good initiative gathers anonymized, publicly shared data to help a growing set of outdoor initiatives. Some examples include: public lands conservation, water flow prediction, climate change research, and studying user behavior in avalanche terrain.
APPLY TO BE A PRO
Have you turned your passion into a career in the outdoors? Mountain Hub has partnered with Black Diamond Equipment to offer an exclusive professional-only sharing community within the app. Apply for Mountain Hub Pro at:
You can view our terms and conditions at:
- Continued use of cellular data or GPS tracking can dramatically decrease battery life. Mountain Hub strongly recommends that you carry a backup battery pack as your phone is an important safety device during outdoor adventures.
- Mountain Hub may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
We love hearing from the MH community! Our team works constantly with users ranging from the most elite outdoor professionals to casual outdoor enthusiasts. Please share your feedback with us so that we can work together to make Mountain Hub even better for you!
- Double tap on trips to like them
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
By far the best map options of all the outdoor tracking apps. Great social networking, with fun positive, people. Great conditions reporting features. The only thing I wish it had was a calorie calculator and I wish it connected to Apple health.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much greggyb for your review! We are glad you like the app and the tracking, conditions, and networking features. It's just the start and we have new releases each month typically, so make sure to keep your app updated. Great feedback on the calorie calculator connected to Apple Health. We'll make sure to share this feedback directly to our product team!
Going down hill
I first heard about mountainHub, then Avatech, in 2015 from my avalanche one instructor. At the time the pc version was a fantastic resources for mapping out hikes and ski tours and get great overview of the kind of elevation gain, distance and time it would take. On top of that depending on the area you could also get an idea of the snowpack stability via others posted observations. The introduction of the mobile app promised even greater accessibility to these resources as well as a fast more accurate means of posting data to the community.
Sadly there was a decision to try and change from there roots to a social media platform in which people would post about their adventures. The pc version became far less useful and the mapping/planning capabilities of the mobile app decreased. On top of this it was pretty clear relatively few people were using it which further decreased its usability in researching snowpack stabilities.
At this point this app is losing usefulness in a seemingly irreversible way due to continued loss of key features and a lack of other users.
Wish the terrain download worked
I tried it a year ago and again this winter. The topo maps are really nice and the logging shows useful information. But, the offline download of background maps and terrain features still doesn’t seem to work consistently. This is the main reason I’d like to use the app. Better integration with strava would be nice. Currently “share with strava “ only sends a post to your feed with a link to your Mtn hub activity which is essentially missing the point of strava. There should at least be a way to easily export the gpx so I can upload to strava.
- Mountain Hub, Inc.
- 62.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Mountain Hub, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.