A next-generation map to share the latest mountain conditions on your mobile, any day of the year - this is what MountaiNow offers you for free!
MOUNTAINS ARE CHANGING... HOW TO COMBINE FUN AND SAFETY?
Over 400 people died playing mountain sports in 2015 in Italy and Switzerland alone, and over 6,500 ended up in a situation of distress requiring mountain rescue. Crevasses are opening, rocks are falling, and snow is becoming scarcer and scarcer. Do you love going to the mountains? How do you deal with risk, and the major complication that climate change brings in?
A "LIVE MAP" OF MOUNTAIN CONDITIONS FOR FREE - AVAILABLE THIS SUMMER
Imagine… Thousands of people sharing what they see in the mountains – via their smartphones in a few seconds – for everyone’s safety. Then, a “live map” compiling this crowd-sourced data to give you the latest conditions instantly, including condition levels (red-orange-green), and geolocalized hazard types (e.g. rock falls, slippery terrain), photos and warnings. Operational every day of the year, anywhere in the world, and available to you for free on your iPhone or iPad.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Brand new features and improvements to share the latest conditions ! For instance:
- Areas of interest - Pick your hot spots and get a notification whenever a new track or observation is shared in those areas. Go to Profile/Settings/Areas of interest.
Click on + to add a new area;
- GPX Export - Export the tracks you recorded with GPS in GPX format. Go to Profile/Tracks, pick a track and open the Menu;
- Share on facebook - Share tracks and observations on facebook directly from MountaiNow. Go to Profile/Tracks or Observations, pick a track or observation and open the Menu;
- Gamification - Win your favourite Trophies! Go to Profile/Trophies...
- One Earth sarl
- 106.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Alexia Massacand
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.