The leading journal on Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders research is now available on your iPad. Fresh from the newsstand, “Movement Disorders, the official journal of the Movement Disorder Society,” brings you a stimulating, high-impact mixture of original peer reviewed articles (clinical and basic science), descriptions of new clinical syndromes, case reports, reviews, commentaries and more. Enjoy an entirely new browsing and reading experience, and keep up to date with the most important clinical and research results on all aspects of movement disorders even faster:
- Stay current with the latest articles through Early View.
- Be notified when a new issue is available.
- Download articles and issues for offline perusal.
- Save your favorite articles for quick and easy access.
- Share articles with colleagues or students.
Movement Disorders provides full coverage of the etiology, diagnosis, management, and basic science of Parkinson’s disease, related neurodenerative and neurodevelopmental disorders, hyperkinetic movement disorders, and abnormalities in muscle tone and motor control. Topics covered include therapeutics, pharmacology, biochemistry, physiology, genetics, and epidemiology of movement disorders.
Each issue features original research communications (clinical and basic science), descriptions of new clinical syndromes, other case reports, reviews and commentaries on controversial topics.
Movement Disorders is the official journal of the Movement Disorder Society.
The Movement Disorder Society (MDS) is an international professional society of clinicians, scientists, and other healthcare professionals, who are interested in Parkinson’s disease, related neurodegenerative and neurodevelopmental disorders.
CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS to Movement Disorders can “pair” their device with their personal or institutional subscription to enjoy full access in this iPad edition.
SUBSCRIBE IN THE APP: Annual Subscriptions (12 issues) for the iPad-only edition are available for $599.99 (US) per year. Payment is charged to your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Movement Disorders subscriptions automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of your subscription period for $599.99 (US) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. To turn off auto-renew, go to your iTunes account settings after purchase. Note that subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the term of the subscription, but you can still turn off auto-renew to prevent automatic renewal of your subscription. Note that any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchases a subscription.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Full support for the iPhone 6 and iOS 8.
- Sync your favourite articles, un/read articles and push notification preferences across all your iOS devices via your iCloud account.
- Subscribe to Future Article Alerts from the list of keywords in information tab in any article and get a push notification the next time an article is published with that same keyword. You can opt out any time from the new Message Centre on the settings tab.
- The Enhanced Search will now search all content downloaded and cached on your device.
- The new SSO login allows users who login to their society website to access journal content to login to the app using the same login and password that they use on their society’s website.
- Institutional and workplace network users can now register for access entirely within the app without the need complete the set up on their desktop.
- Support for Sponsored Subscriptions.
- Open Access Articles icon displayed for all OA content.
- We have developed a new Get Access feature for institutional users who login via their institution’s network. We have tested this but are aware that there may be issues—if you experience any problems please contact us on JASMobileAlerts@wiley.com
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app,it would be nice if the videos would play directly in the article.
Update August 2014,it has been close to 6 months since the release and no update. The app developers should look at the neurology app and try to bring some of those features to this app,such as video playing and job postings at the end of the magazine .
- 20 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Movement Disorders (mobile only) $599.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.