Best video recording and film making app used by millions of users from professional filmmakers to amateur videographers that supports Bluetooth mics. No subscriptions!
MoviePro - the most powerful video recording & film making app with innumerable options. Unlock the true potential of iOS camera to record professional quality videos
• FEATURES •
- Record Video/Timelapse,
- Capture stills while recording,
- Record while playing background music,
- MultiCam recording*,
- Center Stage (iPad 2021 or later models)
- Portrait Effect with front camera**
- HDR mode*
- ProRes recording (iPhone 13 pro & later)
- Clean video feed via HDMI/AirPlay
- Remote control from another iOS device
• Zoom Speed Control
• Upto 20x zoom
• Tap to Focus
• Separate focus & exposure reticle mode
• Manual Focus/Exposure
• Focus & Exposure Pull
- MultiCam Recording:
• Select any two cameras on device(Front + Back, Tele + Ultra-wide, etc)
• Select recording format (PIP, Split Screen, or Separate files)
• Quickly switch cameras
• Manual Focus/Exposure/White Balance controls
- Quick Presets for Recording:
• Choose from a host of video resolutions(4K to 320x180) and aspect ratios (16:9, 4:3, 3:2, 1:1, 17:9, 21:9, 2:1, 2.35:1, 2.39:1, 2:40:1, 2:75:1, 2.55:1, 2.25:1, 2.20:1, 1.896:1, 1.85:1, 1.81:1)
• Choose frame rate (240 fps to 1 fps)
• Choose Video Bitrate and Compression (from 400% to 25% of native camera app)
• Video Encoder - HEVC, H.264, ProRes422, ProRes422HQ, ProRes422Proxy, ProRes422LT
• HDR mode (Dolby Vision)
• ProRes mode (4K for 256GB models, 1080p for 128 GB model)
• Audio compression Options
• Uncompress Audio or Silent Audio Options
• Video Stabilisation modes - Standard & Cinematic
• Battery saver recording mode for low energy consumption and high FPS accuracy
• Add, delete, modify, rename presets
• External microphone support
• Bluetooth microphone option
• Supports AirPods
• Select Builtin microphone
• Mic volume control(External mics only)
• Live Audio monitoring through headphones
• Stereo recording(iPhoneXR/XS or later)
• Audio meters
- Statistics and Assistants:
• Scopes & Monitors (Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope)
• Focus peaking, Zebras, False Colors, Clipping
- Video Export Options
• Record directly in Camera Roll,
• Export to Camera Roll, YouTube, Dropbox
• AirDrop through Files App
• iTunes File Sharing
- Inbuilt Video Editor
• Trim, rotate, SlowMo
• Set Aspect ratio, resolution, compression, codec (HEVC/H.264)
• Adjust Brightness, Saturation, Contrast, Vibrance, Color Balance, Shadows
- Camera UI Settings
• Lock interface orientation
• Hide all controls with/without reticles
• Composition Guides - Thirds guide & Symmetry guides
• Countdown timer
• Clean HDMI/Airplay output (configurable in App settings)
• Gimbals (Osmo Mobile, Zhiyun,etc.)
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic lens
• 35 mm Image flip,
- Other Features
• Choose record duration
• Location tag, Copyright info in Video Metadata,
• Switch Cameras while recording,
- MoviePro Remote app
• Control all features MoviePro camera from another iOS device
• Modify camera settings, trigger recording from remote
• MoviePro Remote app needs to be purchased separately
• Contact Us •
@movieproapp on Twitter
* Capabilities and features depend on device
* MultiCam requires iPhone XS/XR, iPad Pro(3rd generation), or later
* Portrait Effect can be enabled from control centre & works only with front camera on iPhone XR/XS or later
- Now displays device name in Remote App (for MoviePro camera app running on iOS 16 devices)
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use app to make quality videos. Needs more sharing options.
I was having problems with the built in camera app and another free app using an external microphone and washed out faces due to lighting.
I purchased this app because it has an audio meter you can turn on to get visual confirmation your audio is working. After using the app it was great to discover it also gives you confirmation when you connect an external mic and allows you to adjust the input level. This was a great help! This along with the ability to adjust ISO and Shutter allows for superior video over the built in app and the free app I was using.
I would rate this 5 stars if it had integration with Apple’s files app and allowed you to move the files to other apps on your device.
". . . you have made MoviePro the champion of iOS video apps."
I have experimented with a number of iOS video recording/remote control app packages. Marketing promises notwithstanding, the only one that I have found to be reliable under "field" conditions has been the MoviePro/MoviePro Remote set of apps.
As has been true with each software PAC kàge that I attempted to use, there were start up problems that needed tech support help. In MoviePro's case, it wasthe transfer of the recorded footage from my iOS device to my Mac.
Unique to MoviePro was the rapidity and effectiveness of their response. As I told them, "Your file sharing traction made the transfer easy. With this rescue off my video data, you have made MoviePro the champion of iOS video apps for me. For the first time, yesterday, I was able to operate a three camcorder recording of an important event from a chair with a side-tray, rather than standing for two hours (at 81, that matters!), and I felt that I was finally in control of everything that I needed to control. Accessing the video file add the experience perfect. Well done, and thank you for hand-holding me through the necessary problem solving."
Important Features are Always Buggy
I've been using this off and on for last month or so. Basically as soon as I got my iPhone 8+ I wanted a way to record audio using Bluetooth headphones without a separate track and this was it. Just remember to turn down the volume when in the app so you don't hear your voice. Layout is good but a little bit of a learning curve although videos are available. It allows you to have presets and more control overall with a clean see through design.
Problem is the AF, AE, and AWB glitch out a lot causing them to get stuck in the auto modes even if you attempt to refocus them. Fix action for me is to click out of the feature then click back in. I contacted the app maker and we attempted to troubleshoot but he admitted he did not have the iPhone 8+ at the time so figuring out the issue would be difficult. Built-in iPhone camera app works properly but I do like the features of Moviepro if it was reliable. Tried to record a video today only to realize the app froze 55sec in.
App is nice but when all the important features are constantly buggy then what's the point...
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Deepak Sharma
- 58.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Deepak Sharma
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.