* Movies displays a network of the best 500 (free) or 1000 ($0.99) movies. Similar movies are linked to each other, touch to explore the network! Most of the features are included in the free version: full list of the movies, details and trailers for each movie, a web view to explore relevant websites for the selected movie, a spinning local view of the nearest neighbors, a 3D representation and much more!
Upgrading the app will also let you keep track of the movies you've seen, rate them and add your own comments!
Update of the link to the 1000 movie version: * movies 1000
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting visualization, relationships between movies
Interesting. Neat to look at, fiddle with.
The name of app is misleading. Whether it is the "Movies" 1000 or the "Movies" 500, or your "Movies" Mobile, etc. Fact is: THERE ARE NO MOVIES which can be watched by app user. Why not re-name, with an honest & more direct app title?
You could call it "Rate Movies" or "Reviews by You" or "iReviews" or "Critique Movies You know" or "Review Movies You've Seen/ Watched" or "Log, Organize, Review, & Write About Movies", etc.
Also, like certain other app developers, you can be clear in the 1st or 2nd line of app description: "you can not watch or stream movies with this app..."
It won't be the end of the world if you're perspicuous. Your perspicuity would actually be appreciated by those who dislike wasting (app search) time, being frustrated, or being made a fool of. It could also prevent having them skip quickly over ANY apps you develop, do to the bitter taste in their mouths, & their subsequent distrust.
And if it doesn't change, there is also a risk of losing possible app purchasers who are looking for exactly the functionality your "Movies" app delivers; instead of that which is implied by the current app name. Thank you. Saundrading (SABB)
P.S. If the ability to actually watch movies is coming in a future update, I will apologize for mistaking this app as a "bait & switch"; and I will NOT DELETE it.
Tends to be unstable.
I used to use this app fairly often, but became discouraged when it started crashing fairly frequently. It still works, but quits at aggravating times. It becomes not worth the hassle.
The developer, New England Complex Systems Institute (NECSI), has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- New England Complex Systems Institute (NECSI)
- 19.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 4.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 New England Complex Systems Institute
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.