The MovieSlate KeyClips app organizes Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) media into category folders, keywords, selects, and sequences— with notes, markers, and optional bottom-third titles. This helps Editors quickly find the exact footage they need.
While filming a production: log shots, notes, and/or keywords with our MovieSlate 8 app (for iOS). The KeyClips app (for macOS) matches logged MovieSlate metadata with FCPX media to intelligently generate FCPX rough-cut sequences, keywords, selects, notes, and markers.
Two Logging Workflows are supported, and can be used together or separately:
1. Shot-based workflow: project/date/clipname data is used to match log data with clips— well suited for script-based shoots. Log this data from MovieSlate’s "Slate" and/or "Camera" tabs.
2. Keyword-based workflow: project/date/timecode is used to match log data with clips— well suited for documentary, reality, and interview shoots. Log this data from MovieSlate’s "KeyClips" tab (part of an optional PRO Features subscription; available from MovieSlate’s Settings > Store).
How it Works:
1. Logging. Log shots, notes, and/or keywords from MovieSlate 8. Once logging is complete, tap the share button to send the logged data to a Mac running macOS Yosemite (v10.10) or newer.
2. Log+Clip Matching. Run the KeyClips app on macOS— which imports logged data from MovieSlate; imports fcpxml files from FCPX; matches logs and clips; builds new fcpxml; and sends its new fcpxml to FCPX.
3. FCPX Organizing. FCPX imports the KeyClips app’s new fcpxml file— creating events with category folders, selects, markers, notes, sequences, and bottom-third titles.
• KeyClips now runs natively on Apple Silicon and Intel Macs.
• App icon better matches MovieSlate’s app icon.
• Now requires macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer.
• The 'updating data' screen no longer appears each time the app is launched.
Ratings and Reviews
It is hard to get it set up, I don’t realy like it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PureBlend Software
- 6.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-21 PureBlend Software Corp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.