Moving Map displays a realtime position of your aircraft on a physical map.
The PRO version, oriented to aircraft owners and operators, features the following characteristics:
A DETAILED MAP
• You download the region you operate on: World, North America, Europe or Asia.
• High resolution, works without internet connection
• Cities, country names, lakes, rivers
• Major points of interest and mountains name
• Swapping automatically between route view and close zoom view
• Possibility to lock the view on one page (close zoom, far zoom or flight info)
• 4 different aircraft icons (airline, private jet, single engine and helicopter)
LIVE FLIGHT INFORMATION PAGE
Display live data concerning your flight:
• Remaining distance to destination (in NM, SM or Km)
• Time left to destination
• Current speed (in Knots, Km/h or Mph)
• Flying altitude (in feet or meters)
• External estimated temperature (in Farheneit or Celsius)
• Aircraft track
• Aircraft pressurisation
• GPS accuracy
WELCOME ON BOARD (iPad only)
You can optionally activate a "welcome on board" page including weather conditions at destination. The page swaps automatically to the live map and information after a specified amount of time (1, 5, 10 minutes) or when the aircraft speed gets higher than 40 or 100 knots.
DESTINATION CITY PICTURE (iPad only)
When the aircraft is approching its final destination, a picture representing the arrival city is displayed (if available). Ask to the developer to add your favorite cities if they are not included.
Fully customised versions are available on demand. Visit our website for more information!
• GPS needs to be ON
• On iPad, works only models equipped with GPS (3G/4G/LTE)
• If "flight mode" is ON, open Apple Maps first to trigger the GPS
• Preferably position the device near a window
• On a fully charged iPad the battery lifetime has been tested up to 4 hours
• At least 1.0 Gb of free space to download a map
We are trying to keep this application as bugs free as possible. We need your feedbacks to provide you a better experience at each update.
We greatly appreciate if you can "Share Crash Data with iOS developers" in Settings -> Privacy -> Diagnostics & Usage, to always offer you a better experience.
In this major update we are introducing important new features:
VIRTUAL SPEAKING CABIN CREW
You can now benefit of your own cabin crew to deliver clear voice briefings to your passengers at specific times. Fully customisable messages can be programmed for departure, mid-flight and arrival. Just connect your iPad to your AUX or Bluetooth speakers and download your favourite voice to fully enjoy your virtual cabin crew.
CREW DETAILS (iPad only)
When activated, shows the pictures and names of the crew flying the aircraft as well as their position.
COMPANY LOGO (iPad only)
Display your own company logo in the welcome on board page.
Insert your own airfields if they are not already available in our database.
Bugs fixes and enhancements
Graphic updates (iPad)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not worth the money
I fly frequently on chartered planes. Seldom do they have flight info screen. I really enjoyed Moving Map Pro Basic app. The only major annoyance was waiting for the right screen to come up, especially if the battery on my phone was low. The main reason I upgraded to Pro version was, which I incorrectly assumed, that Pro would allow me to select data or map screens by tapping, zoom by pinching and move the map around with my finger. Moving Map Basic is free and does everything that Pro does. Other gimmicks like crew and voice announcements for me as passenger are useless, so I never tested them.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.