Create your own MIDI plugins: MIDI filters, generative music tools, basic sequencers, MIDI control panels, chaos experiments... Let your imagination take you places.
Mozaic runs inside your favorite AU MIDI host, and gives you practical building blocks such as LFOs, pre-fab GUI layouts, musical scales, AUv3 support (with AU Parameters, transport events, tempo syncing, etc.), random generators and a super-simple yet powerful script language. Mozaic even offers quick access to your device’s Tilt Sensors for expressive interaction concepts!
The Mozaic Script language is designed from the ground up to be the easiest and most flexible MIDI language on iOS. A language by creatives, for creatives. You’ll only need to write a few lines of script to achieve impressive things - or to create that uber-specific thing that was missing from your MIDI setup.
Check out the Programming Manual on Ruismaker.com to learn about the script language and to get inspiration for awesome scripts of your own.
Mozaic comes with a sizable collection of tutorials and pre-made scripts which you can use out of the box, or which can be a starting point for your own plugin adventures.
Features in a nutshell:
- Easy to learn Mozaic Script language: easy to learn, easy to read
- Sample-accurate-everything: the tightest MIDI timing possible
- Built-in script editor with code-completion, syntax hints, etc.
- 5 immediately usable GUI layouts, with knobs, sliders, pads, etc.
- In-depth, helpful programming manual available on Ruismaker.com
- Easy access to LFOs, scales, MIDI I/O, AU parameters, timers
- AUv3; so you'll get multi-instance, state-saving, tempo sync and resource efficiency out of the box
Mozaic opens up the world of creative MIDI plugins to anyone willing to put in a few hours and a hot beverage or two.
- Mozaic requires a plugin host with support for AUv3 MIDI plugins (AUM, ApeMatrix, Cubasis, Auria, Audiobus 3, etc.)
- The standalone mode of Mozaic lets you edit, test and export projects, but for MIDI connections you need to run it inside an AUv3 MIDI host
- MIDI is not sound; Mozaic on its own does not make noise... so bring your own synths, drum machines and other instruments!
- AUv3 MIDI requires iOS11 or higher
What's new in version 1.1:
- Huge reduction in memory footprint when using large scripts: we're now talking kilobytes, instead of dozens of megabytes!
- Fontsize preferences are now persistent
- You can now refresh the presets window after importing presets in the standalone app
- Many internal fixes and optimisations
Ratings and Reviews
Hours of fun await
Another brilliant offering that will only become richer in time. I would like a way to save my preset states, I’m sure that’s coming.
Indispensable. You need this; buy it.
Amazing AUv3 Midi App
This app is a gold mine! I know next to nothing about coding, but I’m starting to learn more because of this app. Even if you don’t code, so many people are writing their own code (ie Midi effects, sequencers, generators, etc.) for this app and sharing them on PatchStorage.com so anyone can download them. I already have approximately 20 Midi scripts inside of Mozaic from other users, each doing different things to the midi. This is such an amazing app, with endless potential, I can’t wait to see how many different, and creative midi tools people make so I can use them. Maybe one day I’ll even make my own... Cheers Bram, for creating another gem.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.