This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad.
This application provides practical simulations of the Dynamic Well Control on the Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) operations in the oil field services.
With Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD), when kicks occur, they are typically smaller, contained more quickly, and, in some cases, they may be circulated out through MPD equipment without drilling or circulation interruption.
This simulator is the new project based on the Drilling Simulators on our portfolio, but specifically for dynamic well control on onshore and offshore operations (deepwater).
MPD System on this simulator:
1. RCD – Rotating Control Device
2. Annular Preventer (or Drill String Isolation Tool – DSIT)
3. Automatic Choke for CBHP (Constant Bottom Hole Pressure), CDP (Constant Drill Pipe), CBP (Constant BackPressure or Choke Pressure)
4. RPD – Rig Pump Diverter
5. BPP – Back Pressure Pump
1. Driller Interface based on Pressure Gauge, Weight Indicator, Rotary Torque gauge and Geolograph.
2. Choke Interface based on Digital Panel.
3. Graph in full screen (with background color in black or white) for analysis.
4. Special screen layout optimised for all iPhone and iPad models.
5. (iPad version) Three codes (admin, instructor, student) to view the gas into the borehole, the pressure at bottom, at shoe and at bop and to enable / disable the Lag Time (by adjusting the choke to change the kill pressure and drill pipe pressure, etc). (Attention: The Initial codes: "0000")
This simulator works with Auto/Manual Control on MPD Choke ONLY. For well control based on conventional rig choke panel, please buy the "Drilling Simulator 3" also available on our portfolio on the App Store. Thanks.
Other features also available:
A graphical very useful tool for training of roughnecks, derrickmen, drillers, toolpusher, drilling engineers and students in the well control procedures.
- Ability to drilling, kick detection, shut-in, stabilisation of pressures;
- Interactive System: no pre-set methods;
- Ability to apply control methods: Driller's method, wait and weight, dynamic volumetric and static volumetric (lubricate and bleed);
- Hydraulics and Hydrostatics;
- Behavior of the kick;
- Applied with subsea stack or surface stack;
- Set well with until 4 sections: riser, casing, liner, open hole ;
- Set Drillstring with drillpipe1, drillpipe2, heavy weight, drillcollar1, drillcollar2
Kick Model in this simulator:
The model assumes that the kick starts as a single bubble at the bottom of the hole and migrates upward as a single bubble from the bottom to the surface. In underbalanced condition (BHP
- added interface for iPad 11 inch
- added minor improvements
- changed icon like the first version
- minor fixes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.