Mr. Doodle! is a modern adaptation of the famous retro 80's arcade. The concept of the game is very simple - your task is to go through all the levels, gaining points by killing monsters and collecting bonuses!
The main character, funny runner Mr. Doodle will not stop before achieve his goal - to run away from pesky opponents and to collect all the fruits in a cave. By digging the ground, he skillfully avoids collisions with monsters, leading them into a trap, and eliminates the enemies by dropping apples on their heads. But be careful, the number of apples is limited, can you calculate everything correctly and help Mr. Doodle to pass the level ?!
In this game you will:
- Collect all the cherries, which are counted in the score;
- For every 5,000 points in the game appears Alfa-monster, you need to eliminate him;
- Kill all Alfa-monsters and spell with their letters the word EXTRA;
- Receive a gift of an extra life!
- Special treasure: did you find a diamond hidden inside apple?
Modern graphics accompanied by the typical 8-bit melodies and sound effects. This combination is an indispensable complement to this fun and challenging puzzle!
You can choose between 4 different control types (from in-game menu):
1) Swipe & Tap (by default). Swipe any where on the screen with your finger in direction you want to move, then release finger to stop. Short tap any where to fire. You can also fire while running, just tap with your second finger while holding down the first (i.e. two fingers down = fire).
2) Joystick A. Classic type of onscreen joystick, where d-pad is intended to move in four directions. D-pad is in the bottom left, and the Fire button is in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3) Joystick B. Alternate onscreen joystick. Buttons are split. Left/Right buttons are in the bottom left, and Up/Down/Fire buttons are in the bottom right corner of the screen.
4) If you have MFI compatible gamepad device (like Logitech Powershell, Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i etc.) connected to your iPhone/iPad, you can use it with this game to feel all the beauty of playing this retro arcade game with a real joystick device!
5) iCade and GameDock is supported automatically.
- iOS 6.0 and higher;
- iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6+;
- iPad and iPad HD graphics supported;
- Game Center leader boards;
- MFI gamepad controllers are now supported;
- iCade and GameDock controllers supported.
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus high resolution screen support added;
- iCade and GameDock controllers support added;
- bug removed: after incoming call there were no sound in the game;
- backward compatibility with iOS 6 devices!
- MFI gamepad controllers support added;
- controls tweak: when "Swipe & Tap" joystick mode selected from in-game menu (this mode is selected by default), you can now fire while running. Just tap with the second finger while holding down the first (i.e. two fingers down = fire).
- various bugs fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
EXCELLENT GAME! The reviews talking about bad controls are too harsh. The controls are swipe to move and tap to throw the power ball. Once you get used to them, they are more than adequate. I scored over 2,000,000 and had full lives so the control criticism is overdone. I left off one star because once you get high up into the game the challenge is done. The game adds more enemies, but the speed of the game never increases to add that extra level of difficulty. As is, this is a VERY GOOD homage to Mr. Do. Thank you Dmitrij Pavlov for a wonderful reminder of arcade days gone by.
Controls can be improved.
I think this game has potential and could be a great homage to the original if the controls were improved. As it stands now, they are not sufficient for fast direction changes and lend one to frequently block the view of the action. I cannot get far enough into the game to have any feedback to level design. Love to see a lab update to this that improves controls.
Love it, but movement and shooting could be better
All the nostalgia of the original mr do, but because it's all touch movement you really do a quick turn and shoot when you're being chased like with a joystick. Learning curve? Oh well.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.