MRIcontrast™ is a truly interactive simulator for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). The app is aimed at healthcare professionals working with MRI, who want to learn how scan parameters affect the MR image.
MRIcontrast™ visualizes realistic MRI images from various body parts and allows the user to change scan parameters (repetition time, echo time, flip angle, and many others). Also the magnetic field strength can be altered (1.5T or 3T). Any parameter change results in an immediate, real-time update of the MR image.
MRIcontrast™ is delivered with a gallery of common sequence types (T1-, T2- and PD-weighted spin echo, T2*-weighted gradient echo, inversion recovery, turbo spin echo, echo planar imaging etc), from which the user can explore the effects of changing the preset parameters.
Image features and MRI phenomena that currently are visualized in MRIcontrast™:
- Contrast as function of TR, TE and flip angle
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- Fat/water in-phase and opposed-phase
- Chemical shift artefact
- Different image contrast and SNR at 3T vs. 1.5T
- Echo-planar (EPI) geometrical distortions
- True FISP banding artifacts
- A preferences menu has been added.
- In the preferences, it is possible to set the names of the MRI protocols according to Siemens, Philips, or GE style.
- Bug fixes and user interface enhancements. NOTE: it is known that some users could not use the EPI protocols. We cannot reproduce this bug, neither on simulators, nor on physical devices. We are working with Apple to resolve the problem.
Betyg och recensionerVisa alla
Way too much money
Not worth the price, but the images are nice. Would be helpful to give some information about the techniques and what they are good for. Overall, I would not recommend this. What you see in the sample images is all you get
Svar från utvecklaren ,
From version 1.2, a detailed description of every imaging protocol is available, including descriptions of all changeable parameters. Regarding the images, please note that they are not static. The purpose of the app is to allow the user to change every imaging parameter and instantly see how the appearance of the image changes. This is unique, one-of-kind feature. To enter edit mode, just tap any image in the collection of imaging protocols.
Good educational tool
This is a good tool for MR radiographer and students learning basic sequence and tissue contrast.
Upp till sex familjemedlemmar kan använda den här appen när Familjedelning är aktiverad.