New app to calculate stepped starters coming in sprint 2015.
This is a licensed iPhone implementation of the Mr. Malty Pitching Rate Calculator. It can calculate starter sizes, amount of yeast required, the effect of stir plates, dry yeast rates, yeast viability,and lots more. It uses the same proprietary formulas as the calculator on www.mrmalty.com.
* Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation: http://amzn.to/1mqQ1LS
* Brewing Classic Styles: 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew: http://amzn.to/1u2ywuY
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
* fix for hectoliters(there are 100,000ml in a hectoliter, not 1,000,000 as previously being used in the incorrect unit converter)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Unfortunately, no longer working
I have had this app for years, just started brewing again, and the app no longer functions. It was a great app contributed by Jamil, when there were few alternatives to doing it by hand.
Fortunately, there are lots of other tools now available. I would recommend Brewfather which has a broad home brew capability, including yeast starter calculations.
Not Worth the $2.99.
Save your $. There are better yeast calculator apps available that allow multiple starters to get you where you need to be, especially for big beers. Checkout Yeast Pitch. Great app and worth the price.
Save your money
This app does not give the same options or calculations that the website give.
- Noah Paci
- 4.9 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014 Jamil Zainasheff, 2014, Druid Hill Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.