The MSNBC app is your destination to get the latest breaking news and in-depth analysis through commentary and informed perspectives – anytime and anywhere. Watch live or catch up with full episodes of your favorite MSNBC shows the day after they air, including:
• The Rachel Maddow Show
• Morning Joe
• Hardball with Chris Matthews
• All In with Chris Hayes
• The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell
• The 11th Hour with Brian Williams
• Deadline: White House with Nicolle Wallace
• MTP Daily with Chuck Todd
• The Beat with Ari Melber
• AM Joy with Joy Reid
• PoliticsNation with Rev. Al Sharpton
Get started by signing in with your TV subscription (cable, satellite or digital). The MSNBC app supports most TV providers, including DirecTV, Xfinity, Spectrum, AT&T, and Verizon.
Sign up for an NBCUniversal profile within the app using your Facebook, Google, or email account to sync your favorite shows across our family of apps and to continue watching progress across all your devices. You’ll also receive three credits to watch episodes for free before signing in with your TV provider.
Watch Your Way
• Watch the latest episodes of new MSNBC shows the day after they air on TV.
• Livestream and schedule available 24/7 when signed in with your TV provider.
• Chromecast and AirPlay compatible. Start episodes in the app and stream to your TV.
• Can't finish an episode in one sitting? The app saves your place so that you can resume watching later.
• Mark shows as your Favorites for quick access to the latest episodes.
Explore NBCUniversal Content
• Access to VOD and Live content across all of the NBC family of networks (NBC, CNBC, Bravo, • Oxygen, USA, Syfy, E!, Universal Kids, Telemundo and NBC Universo).
• New Full episodes available the day after air.
• Live stream and schedule available 24/7 when authenticated (does not include UniKids, Telemundo, or Universo).
• Substantial catalog of recent favorites and throwback favorites available to watch without authenticating.
TV Provider Access
• Sign in with your TV subscription to gain access to the entire catalog of VOD & Live content.
• Create an NBCUniversal Profile to favorite and save shows across all your devices.
• Resume watching your favorite shows where you left off on any device.
COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS?
Please note: Use of the app is limited to the United States and its territories. Video is accessible via 3G, 4G, LTE and Wi-Fi networks. Data charges may apply.
This app features Nielsen proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings.
• Create a Peacock account using your NBCUniversal Profile credentials
• Bug fixes, performance enhancements, and minor design updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Almost perfect, except for....
I watch MSNBC every day, sometimes I have it on all day, and the app lets me watch it while I’m away from home.
App works very well EXCEPT that it freezes frequently and usually I can’t get it to unfreeze. Sometimes, after several minutes, it will begin to play again on its own but usually it stays stuck. I then have to go back to the MSNBC Home page, select Live TV and hope it will play correctly. In the meantime I’ll have missed part of the program.
And sometimes, when a live program has frozen, it won’t let me go back to the MSNBC Home page at all and I actually have to turn my device off, then back on, select the MSNBC app... and start all over. This is very annoying and such a pain that I often just quit watching - which is certainly not what I want to do! But when a live program has frozen twice, or more, during a single viewing, it is just too aggravating and frustrating to go through the process of trying to get it to unfreeze and restart. Grrrrrrr!
I'm so glad this app exists!
We spend much time in areas we can't get satellite, so we rely on streaming when we are in the RV. App support was very helpful when I couldn't watch live on my iPad, and they made it possible. My only complaint is how long it takes to get episodes up on the app. Since we are on the west coast, Morning Joe is over by the time we get up, so we can't watch live. We can stream on you tube, each hour is available almost as soon as it has finished playing. I'd love if MSNBC would break the program up into hour-long blocks and make all available on the app sooner. I don't know why the whole show isn't available, instead of just a fraction. I always (mostly) enjoy the variety of speakers in the program and you are short changing the viewers by not having the whole show availability. I'd much rather watch the whole thing on MSNBC than some random Chinese channel on you tube.
Not that many issues, but not perfect - And the Ad Serving.. WOW!
Unlike many people, I have a few problems but can generally watch consistently and with few problems. It might freeze for a while, but a quick close and re-open fixes that. I use an iPad 4 and an iPad 2 with little or no issues.
One thing tho' that baffles me completely is the ad serving. Every single ad break features truncated ads, either missing the beginning or end. I have been streaming all day today and pretty much every ad, in every break since I started watching Morning Joe, has cut off after about 20 secs, and before the ad ever declares who it is for, or comes in in the middle of the ad. I was an ad buyer for a while and I certainly wouldn't have been happy paying for primetime slots that never serve my client's ad to the point of the brand payoff. I want MSNBC to succeed and if they can't even do the fundamentals like serving ads for a full 30 secs, God knows how they will prosper.
Wow! So far SO much better. Good job with the new UI and all the layout and new features.
Keep it up.
Thank you for putting some real effort behind this update. I have always been able to stream, but the quality and latency was pretty bad, and the stream would often hang for many, many minutes, if it worked at all...
BUT.. This version seems to have solved a lot of these issues and also given us AirPlay (thank you!!!).
Keep on keeping on MSNBC.
- NBC News Digital, LLC
- 140.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 NBCUniversal, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.