MSNBC is your destination for full episodes of your favorite MSNBC shows, including new episodes available the day after they air. Log in with your TV provider account (cable, satellite or telco provider of TV) and open up a whole new way to enjoy MSNBC – anywhere and anytime.
On-demand full episodes of your favorite shows, including:
• The Rachel Maddow Show
• Morning Joe
• Hardball with Chris Matthews
• The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell
• All in with Chris Hayes
• Full episode viewing when you sign in with your TV provider account
• Save your favorite shows to your watchlist for quick access to the latest episodes
• Chromecast and AirPlay! You can now start the episodes in the app and stream MSNBC to your TV and Apple TV.
• Free trial – watch up to 3 full episodes of your choice for one month
• Can't finish an episode in one sitting? The app saves your place!
• Special clips, interviews and behind-the-scenes video
• MSNBC program guide
• Facebook, Twitter, and email sharing
• Bug fixes
• Performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Working OK for me... Why??
All the excoriating negative reviews here left me confused, as I'm not experiencing any of the problems described. After giving this a bit of thought, I've come up with a couple ideas that might explain it.
1) Maybe my ISP is faster or more consistent than most. I'm going through Xfinity with a measured downstream in excess of 100Mbps. Don't remember what it's advertised as, but that's what I'm getting.
2) Maybe my TV provider (Dish) is better than most. Maybe their interface with MSNBC is better than most? I never even have to sign in at MSNBC anymore because the app remembers my Dish account and apparently verifies it in background. (Using the iPhone app.)
3) Speaking of which... Maybe the iPhone app was separately developed from the apps directed at other devices and is just better.
In short, I don't get crashes, freezes, logging in over and over... Just doesn't happen. So, if so many others are experiencing these things, but NOT with other networks' apps... that does kinda go to the idea that this app is maybe coded inefficiently or in some way poorly. You shouldn't have to have an A-list TV/internet setup to watch a news feed.
I hate to see MSNBC take these hits on their website; they're one of the few entities holding this country together against the rising tide of lies and deceit. They need to be worthy of our support.
Not that many issues, but not perfect - And the Ad Serving.. WOW!
Unlike many people, I have a few problems but can generally watch consistently and with few problems. It might freeze for a while, but a quick close and re-open fixes that. I use an iPad 4 and an iPad 2 with little or no issues.
One thing tho' that baffles me completely is the ad serving. Every single ad break features truncated ads, either missing the beginning or end. I have been streaming all day today and pretty much every ad, in every break since I started watching Morning Joe, has cut off after about 20 secs, and before the ad ever declares who it is for, or comes in in the middle of the ad. I was an ad buyer for a while and I certainly wouldn't have been happy paying for primetime slots that never serve my client's ad to the point of the brand payoff. I want MSNBC to succeed and if they can't even do the fundamentals like serving ads for a full 30 secs, God knows how they will prosper.
Wow! So far SO much better. Good job with the new UI and all the layout and new features.
Keep it up.
Thank you for putting some real effort behind this update. I have always been able to stream, but the quality and latency was pretty bad, and the stream would often hang for many, many minutes, if it worked at all...
BUT.. This version seems to have solved a lot of these issues and also given us AirPlay (thank you!!!).
Keep on keeping on MSNBC.
Good customer service
I keep getting requests to rate this app and usually don’t because I am either annoyed at it when it’s not working or just want to watch my show when it is. The things that regularly annoy me are the sign in when it tells me “this show is not included with your subscription (it is!) check with your provider” or they don’t get shows uploaded in a timely manner. I generally watch the previous evening shows while I’m getting ready in the morning. It’s annoying when they aren’t uploaded. Also, I find it annoying that the app doesn’t always remember where I am in the show. I shouldn’t have to make a mental note that I’m 29 minutes in and then fast forward and watch MORE commercials to get there.
Having said all that, I’m writing because I got so frustrated with the sign in problem that I emailed the help folks never expecting a response. I was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them really quickly and they were incredibly polite and fixed the problem. Since then, I still have to sign in more often than I’d like, but at least it accepts my sign in attempt each time.
Also, when I was searching for help I found the live stream that I hadn’t known was there. That’s also a nice feature.
So, your customer service earns an extra star. Make sure they know.
- NBC News Digital, LLC
- 99.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 NBC UNIVERSAL
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.