MTG Guide gives you access to the latest Magic card text, card-specific FAQs/rulings and the complete Comprehensive Rules, Magic Tournament Rules and Infraction Procedure Guide, all in an easy-to-read, searchable format.
• Card text and FAQs/rulings for all Magic expansions.
• Current text of all existing Magic cards, including tokens, Planechase, Archenemy and Vanguard cards.
• App can be used completely offline (except for card images).
• Download database updates for new sets and rules document changes from within the app.
• Browse or search for cards from individual MTG expansions.
• Card-specific FAQ entries (rulings) for cards are displayed, where available. Includes all rulings available in Gatherer.
• All printings for cards (including promos) are displayed with expansion, rarity, and collector number. Tapping these expands to show card images, non-foil and foil prices from TCGplayer.com, and a link to the Gatherer page.
• Legality information is included for all cards for the Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage and Commander formats.
• Quickly and easily search for particular cards by title, card #, full card text or rulings text.
• Complete text of the Comprehensive Rules, Magic Tournament Rules and Infraction Procedure Guide in an easily browsable and searchable format.
• Search the rules documents and instantly find and browse all the matching sections, rules and sub-rules for your query.
• View related rules (e.g. "See also rule 204.3h.") by tapping on them.
• Decklist counter.
• Supports Dynamic Type for altering text size.
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad.
• Supports iPad multitasking on compatible devices.
This app has been carefully designed to be simple and fast to use.
If you have any suggestions for improvements, please suggest them via twitter (@MTGApps) or the website - http://www.mtgapps.com/
This app is not produced or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
• Update app and interface for iOS 14.
• Fix badge on Updates tab not updating.
• Allow card images to be copied to clipboard.
• Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best MTG resource I've seen or used
This app is great. It has many features that other apps do not have. I recently became a MTG judge and use this app constantly whilst studying and still use it daily.
Despite the great things about the app, there are some small quality of life upgrades I would like to see. First, I would like to see more advanced search options; specifically the ability to filter by color, type, cmc, etc. I love how i can search the text and rulings, but sometimes I just want to browse blue cards with cmc 2. Second, I would like to be able to see how many tickets a card is worth on average on MTGO. Lastly, I would like to know whether or not a card is included on the reserved list in addition to its format legalities at the bottom of the relevant card's information page.
In conclusion, this app is a top-rate app for all involved with MTG, the information is presented in a manner which makes it easily accessible and understood to both brand new players and experienced players. I have recommended this app to friends and will continue to do so.
Update 2: Still waiting for filters! Also how about giving us the ability to click on a card & get full screen images. Every time I use the app to search a card up for somebody, be it price, text, or rules, they always try to zoom the picture in, which obviously they can’t. (iPhone 7+). Also how about moving cards to the top, followed by text-description, then rulings. Another suggestion - Give us the option to choose settings “always display card art” “display original/newest card art/current filter art”
Update: App is still good, it still needs search filters, and I’m still salty it doesn’t have them! MTG Trades & this app should probably be 1 & the same app. They are very similar & it seems this app trades off the list management for rules. I own both & use this one 99% of the time. Price wise, both apps in one @ this price point is good. This price on each, not so much. I do feel it’s one of the better MTG apps for card & rule searches.
I've been using this app since I came back to MTG, sometime during Theros. This is my goto. Quick & easy card search, TCG prices, viewing different sets & art and information on which formats the card is approved or banned in. Very helpful. Only wish we had 2 improvements. 1) Searching with filters. 2) displaying full-screen image of the card art, maybe even ability to further zoom in.
Best MTG iOS App
What more to say? For all your non-life counter/game tracking needs, it doesn’t get better than MTG Guide. Its most useful features I’ve found to be the comp. rules and the Gatherer rules, which together cover nearly any rules or interaction questions you might have, even when you’re playing Ice Cauldron aggro.
The only shortcomings of MTG Guide is with its card search feature. It’s not that it isn’t powerful, accurate, or comprehensive: it’s somewhat limited with the search criteria available. Further, if the search turns up many hits, the results list is truncated after a certain number of entries.
The above issues are annoying but not frustrating, and they don’t diminish the overall utility of this app. It’s always up to date with the latest set releases, bannings, and rules changes. It even has art for each printing of a card and its associated monetary value.
If you’re at all a “serious” MTG player (liberally interpreted), you should strongly consider getting this app, unless you’re a level infinity judge. If you were I’d guess you’d just planeswalk or something whenever someone had a rules question.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.