Learn your music and run rehearsals right from your mobile device using the new RehearScore App!
Sometimes, finding a rehearsal pianist that meets your budgeting and scheduling needs can be challenging. The new RehearScore® is a complete digital rendition of the Piano-Conductor Score, sequenced by a top Broadway accompanist, precisely the way the composer intended. Every musical number (including scene changes, dance music, and underscoring) is recorded in its entirety so you can rehearse even if you don’t have a pianist.
● Every cast member can have access to RehearScore®
○ Simply download the App right from the App Store to access your show!
● Conduct dance or choral rehearsals.
○ With the ability to change the tempo and loop a dance break, you can run multiple rehearsals at once without the need of a separate pianist or recording.
● Find the right key – transpositions are easy.
○ Adjust your songs into the key that best suits your performer.
● Isolate, increase, or remove any particular vocal line.
○ Because each singer’s part has been recorded on a separate track, it can be played back with or without accompaniment (or louder or softer, relative to the accompaniment).
● Click and jump to any measure.
○ Measure numbers match each individual score.
● Add cuts and vamps.
○ Edit the songs down to the specific cutting you need and find the perfect number of vamps you’ll need in each song.
● Save your changes.
○ After adjusting the songs, save your changes to distribute to your cast and crew.
For more information on Music Theatre International and RehearScore, please visit https://www.mtishows.com/marketplace/resource/pre-performance/rehearscore.
Fixes an audio playback issue on iOS 14.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s cool until it’s not
About half of time, this app is useful. The other half, there are glitches with the voice part controls and I can’t single out my part. It is extremely frustrating and It would fantastic if this could get fixed ASAP. Other than that, the concept and graphics are good and it is very resourceful.
It’s apparent that MTI is a monopoly company when you see this app. They have so much money, and yet they put out an app of such low caliber, simply because they have no reason to try any harder. They’re the only company with rights to make this kind of app. The sounds are horrible, like they just took software from over 15 years ago and adapted it to this app without changing any of the MIDI programming or updating any of those instrument sounds. The rhythmic programming is extremely buggy, too; the rhythms play like we hired someone with turrets to play it. It speeds up and slows down mid-beat, unpredictably. This issue makes it very difficult to practice choreography with.
People are impressed with the app in general, because it has some basic features, like showing the measure numbers and having the ability to modulate the basic tempo; but seriously—that’s not hard to do and is entirely expected of an app like this. MTI has made the absolute bare minimum effort in producing this app. It’s a useful tool—an essential tool, but it’s still so janky, glitchy, and low quality for something in 2019! I’m not an app developer, but I know enough about music programming to confidently say I could make a better app myself (and that’s saying something! Haha).
MTI, PLEASE FIX THIS APP!
Super helpful, minus a few technical issues
It would be perfect if we could listen to the accompaniment in the background while another app is open, or not have to worry about the app stopping when the screen goes black after too long.
Otherwise, solid app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Music Theatre International
- 172.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © MTI Enterprises, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.