Experience life as a Mountain in this relaxing nature simulation game. Generate a unique Mountain and visit it any time to reflect, collect your thoughts or let your mind wander.
- no DLC
- time moves forward
- things grow and things die
- nature expresses itself
#1 bestselling RPG in 33 countries. Mountain automatically syncs with Apple TV.
"Mountain breaks the mold of video games."
- Ian Bogost, The Atlantic
"Nothing You Do Matters in This Game, But You’ll Still Obsess Over It."
- Bo Moore, WIRED
"At the beginning of the game, I find the idea cute. By the end, I am hypnotized."
- Carolina A. Miranda, LA Times
"Welcome to an existential nightmare."
- Patrick Klepek, Giant Bomb
"The time I spend with Mountain feels slightly more real to me than anything else inside my computer."
- Leigh Alexander, Gamasutra
"Mountain upends expectations, refusing to fit into preexisting categories."
- Justin Cone, Motionographer
"I don’t like to talk emotions but this game genuinely is so uplifting."
- Alice O'Connor, Rock Paper Shotgun
"The only experience that has ever made me feel sad about a geological phenomenon."
- Andrew Webster, The Verge
Enjoy this colossal update to Mountain!
*Significant improvements to every system*
Many refinements to logic, gameplay, graphics, UI and sound
- No more notifications or instant Mountain death
- Haptic Feedback for new interactive systems
- Many UI + text fixes for new devices
- Improved share button
- Different Mountain Types
- Improved Mountain shapes & appearance
- New color correction system
- New cloud system and revamped environmental effects
- Improvements and optimization to all shaders
- Re-written procedural flora systems, will produce more trees and plants with better arrangement
- More tree and plant varieties added, with improved plant & tree dynamic effects
- Addition of birds & butterflies + improved fireflies
- Music keyboard now a collapsible element
- More artifacts & secret modes
- Many more details, fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Uummm, not so much
The polluted mountain is kinda depressing. My daughter likes to poke at the garbage. I just want to clean it up but I don’t think there is a way to manipulate the junk other than poking at it.
It grew on me
I’ve been running it under TvOS for several days and I can understand why some people are very negative about it. But if you leave it running, especially with a good sound system, it adds a minor, somewhat melancholy, but also interesting element to the day. It reminds me of Bob Shaw’s “slow glass”. My son thinks it’s just a Big Troll, and I’m familiar with David OReilly and maybe that’s how he thinks of it, too. But I’ll invoke the Author Fallacy and claim that it doesn’t matter. Mountain can be a small but interesting addition to your day, if you want it to be.
The best is at the end
If I could give this 6 stars, I would. The ending was phenomenal and so thought provoking. It’s better than any movie or video game I’ve experienced and I’m avidly looking for it. Wow... just wow... how could you even describe it? Don’t pass up the opportunity to play this amazing game.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.