MTP is the first mobile app for members of Most Traveled People, the world's largest competitive travel community. MTP ranks the world's top travelers by gender, age group, and home location.
MTP members on the web have long enjoyed the ability to measure their lifetime travel accomplishments against their peers, and challenge themselves towards new travel accomplishments. The MTP mobile app imbues all of the features of MTP on the web with geo-awareness, enabling a whole new level of immersive interaction.
- Geo-awareness of what MTP regions a user is in or near
- Map and list-based display of over 5800 MTP checklist travel destinations
- Automated check in notifications based on geolocation (both foreground and background)
- Nearest destinations, sorted by distance
- Directions to any checklist travel destination from current position
- Worldwide rankings of all users, combined with powerful filters across all lists
- Detailed location information, including user posts and photos
- User profiles, search and updating
- Minor bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love the site and the app is pretty good. I just wish it would stop pestering me every time I look at the map for location access.
Excellent App “On the Road” to greatness
I’ve been a member of MTP for a couple years now, and honestly, was super excited to discover they released an app. The app works smoothly, and I definitely like how location is always on, so it can tell whenever I’m in a new area.
The one thing I would change is that I uploaded some photos to my profile, and then, a week later, the ‘add a location to your photo’ update was released. The app doesn’t let you edit your photo (even to change your caption). I would love to be able to edit my photo so that I could change a caption or mainly, just tag a location instead of having to take down the photo altogether. Other than that, I really like the application, and highly recommend its download.
Developer Response ,
With version 1.2 you can long tap on a photo to edit its location and caption - check it out!
Ultimate Competitive Traveler Checklist
I thought I was a world traveler after I visited my 64th country, but then I learned about the Traveler Century Club and then the MTP group that Charles created here and was blown away. As a travel addict, I can honestly say that this app has consumed 100+ hours life. It’s the single best travel checklist on the web. I love the pin based map for UNESCO sites as well as the MTP locations. I love viewing my fellow travelers maps and seeing how I compare. I love being a part of this community.
My one question for Charles after using his app for a year plus is “how did you determine that Switzerland should have multiple MTP locations while day Chile only has one?” I’m not sure how the ~900 locations were determined.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Most Traveled People, Inc.
- 40.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Most Traveled People, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.