Experience the magic of 3D animation!
Make stunning 3D characters from any photo.
Create living memes and share your creations as videos, GIFs, and avatars.
"New Apps We Love" - Apple
"Simple Photos Turned Into Super-Realistic 3D Animations Rock the Web" - Sputnik News
"I have to say that Mug Life is probably the most stupid and funny application in history." - KOCPC
"Being able to create 3D animated characters out of static images is much more amusing than it has any right to be." - Mobile Syrup - App of the Week
"What makes Mug Life special is that despite being obscenely juvenile, it’s really powerful." - The Next Web
Instantly create stunning photo-real clones of friends, family, and celebrities.
You don't have to be technical or artistic. All it takes is a photo.
Download community animations and paste them to your photos, or just have fun playing with faces. (It's addicting.)
Then, when inspiration strikes, create original animations and memes.
Export and share your creations as high definition videos, stills, animated GIFs, and animated Facebook avatars.
You can download all content for free, import your own images, Mug any image, and export and share an unlimited number of Mugs, entirely ad free.
If you like Mug Life, you’ll love our Pro Tools. Pro Tools adds power tools (Creative Mode) for creating and editing Mugs. In addition, iPhone X users also get the (new!) Performance Mode, unleashing the expressive power of your TrueDepth camera for live performances. It’s like Animoji from any photo!
Pro Tools Unlimited Access Subscription
• You can optionally subscribe to Pro Tools for unlimited access to all the advanced features of Mug Life.
• Subscriptions are billed monthly or annually, depending on the subscription plan. Alternately, a one-time purchase option is also available.
• Subscriptions auto-renew, unless cancelled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period. The subscription fee is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase. You can manage your subscription or turn off auto-renewal by going to your Apple account settings after purchase.
• Terms and Conditions: https://www.muglife.com/terms
Empower your creativity and sense of humor with Mug Life.
We can't wait to see what you come up with!
With Mug Life you can...
• Take a photo using your camera. High quality photos of faces with neutral expressions work the best.
• Import any photo from your Camera Roll, or use photos from with Facebook for albums, Instagram pictures, Twitter images, etc. If it’s got a face, you can animate it!
• Search for fun images to animate, including paintings, pictures, sketches, tattoos, dolls, action figures, drawings, photographs, renders, or illustrations. But that’s just the beginning! Any photo with a recognizable face can be great! For example, statue & sculpture photographs are particularly fun, as are photo frames taken from video & film, animals, costumes, make-up like body paint & more. You can make animated GIFs and videos from anything as long as it has a face.
• Manipulate faces in your photo. This is where the MAGIC really starts!
• Apply ANY community-made Mug animations you like for free. Like a meme you find? Use it, but put it on YOUR photos.
• Not just one face at a time! Got a close-up of a group of friends? Yup, it works! But it’s hard to fit a whole baseball team in one photo, so focus on great faces!
• Instantly share your Mugs on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media. It’s fantastic for making memes on the fly. GIFs, video, and JPG formats are supported.
• Troll your friends with crazy Mugs putting their face in the spotlight!
• Send texts messages with GIFs or post videos with the fun!
• Animate your own Mugs from scratch with Creative Mode! All you need is a photo with a face!
• Create live performances with 16 great voice filters and do live motion capture in Performance Mode. It’s like Animoji from any photo! Make group photos sing in chorus! Performance Mode requires an iPhone X, but Mug Life still works great on any iPhone or iPad.
Increased maximum performance duration.
Made heads in multiheaded performances easier to select on all iOS devices
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Face Animator!
This is an awesome app. I was able to quickly create little sequence. Having a great creating all kinds of snippets of animation that I later splice together in a video editor.
It would be cool to have a quick library of phonetics mouth postures and store them for quick access while creating your custom animations. Example, “B” mouth position, “Oh” mouth postion and a “rrrrr” mouth position. You can the spell out B-rrrrr-Oh to animate the word “bro” and then also save the word as a user library for later recall. That can be version 2! 🤔
BTW, thank you for making the app very affordable yet powerful. I hope that you guys don’t turn this into a monthly subscription model like other greedy app developers out there. Instead, I recommend having add-ons for future additional features.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review and suggestions! We'd love to see the sequence you edit together. I agree that doing a lot of lip sync can be tedious. Check out the animation tutorial video we have, if you haven't already. We do have some future updates planned that you will probably like. :) We have no plans to switch to a subscription model. Our current approach of charging a reasonable price for power tools has been very popular with our users.
Not what you make it seem.
This app interested me as soon as I saw it. And so, I downloaded it! I was very exited, and I got all set up and so. However, you never specified that it cost money for the custom. I know, It’s not a lot. But I’m only 12, I have an overprotective mother, and I don’t have my own card. The fact that it is not free needs to be specified! Also, I think a little more should be free. Come on, At leas let us control little bits of the eyes and mouth, like seriously, anyway, in general it is a good app and works great. It just has false advertisement and it too expensive for most kids, so I wouldn’t recommend this if you want to make your friend look like a fool for free, cause it’s not gonna happen.
Ok, I made this after your response, anyway, you didn’t get what I said. I said, this is false advertisement, I did not complain about it being useless! You can’t be creative in this app. You use what other people create. In the photos that show the person customizing the actions of the person. I immediately thought it was free, because there was no mention of it costing money. Yes, it does say in app purchases, but that doesn’t specify WHAT costs money. And I can not buy the extras only because I’m not allowed too. So it dose t make this very enjoyable, if we could just move the eyes or mouth, and the others have to cost money, it would be WAAAAAAAY better. So please TRY to understand my question and point of view. Thank you!
Developer Response ,
You can apply the effects to your photos for free, similar to other free photo apps, like FaceApp, Snapchat, or Prisma. There is also an optional in-app purchase for power tools. The ads highlight both free and paid features. Edit: Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry we can't make every feature you want free, but we have to charge for something to survive and fund development of new features. It's hard to cover every detail in a short ad. I'd love to see a good example like you describe so we can improve. email@example.com
Suggestions to make it Better
This app is a great idea and all, but it is a similar to SnapChat. Although the MugLife software is different from the SnapChat software and it does a different thing, the app layout is alarmingly the same. Each meme is like clicking a story and it looks very much like the average SnapChat page. I think that this app should get a new, better looking design that’s fun and appealing. It’s an awesome idea, I just think maybe it could be more fun and colorful, and maybe even cooler looking than SnapChat itself. Also, maybe advertise that meme-adding portion as well, if someone can’t afford the creative tools (i.e. little kids). The price it’s fine, but people should know beforehand that they have to pay to get most of the app, or at least be aware of another option on the app (most people do not look at the “in app purchases” bit before downloading).
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and feedback! We appreciate it! Did you read our app store description? If you have any specific suggestions or examples of great ads for other apps, we'd love to see them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mug Life, LLC
- 196.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017-2020 Mug Life, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Mug Life Pro Tools $1.99
- Creative Mode $3.99
- Mug Life Pro Tools $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.