Also known as Morelles, Merrills, Merels, Mill, Morris.
1. Each player has nine stones, which move among the board's twenty-four spots.
2. The object of the game is to leave the opposing player with fewer than three stones or no legal moves.
3. The game begins with an empty board. Players take turns placing their stones on empty spots. If a player is able to form a row of three stones along one of the board's lines, he has a "mill" and may remove one of his opponent's stones from the board; removed stones may not be placed again. Once all eighteen stones have been used, players take turns moving.
4. To move, a player select the stone and than click on empty adjacent spot. If he cannot do so, he has lost the game.As in the placement stage, a player who aligns three of his stones on a board line has a mill and may remove one of his opponent's stones.
5. If any player is reduced to three pieces, his pieces may jump from any spot to any empty spot.
6. Any player reduced to two stones is unable to remove any more opposing stones and thus loses the game.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice start for a classic game as an app. A few issues though.
The alternating start function doesn't work.
Also, the computer 'freezes' on its turn frequently after I have made a good move, and I have to restart or refresh.
Both issues occur on all difficulty settings, I have only tried one player however, so I do not know if they exist in two player mode.
Fun, but illogical
The game itself is fun, but the app is handicapped in several ways
First of all, unless mine is buggy, advertisements will pop up, up to once every 3 seconds. Basically, each time a piece is placed or moved, an ad might pop up, which is very annoying
Second, sometimes the computer will refuse to move if it knows it will lose. The only course of action is to quit the app and start over
Third, this is more of a complaint of the game itself, but most of the game is placing the pieces. Once you have 3 in a row you can remove an opposing piece. The problem is if the player is unable to move a piece in the way of the opposing team, they can simply repeat the same movement back and forth to keep getting three in a row, which makes the game a bit annoying at times.
It would be better if once a 3 in a row was achieved, that set was no longer allowed and the player had to find a new combo with different pieces
Fun Strategy Game
Decent level of strategy to the game and it's functionality is pleasant but even on hardest difficulty the computer makes silly mistakes to give you the win. Need harder difficulty and one that doesn't repeat the same strategy every time.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.