Multi Monitor Wallpaper 12+
Many Screens, One Background
Hobbyist Software Limited
- Offers In-App Purchases
The easiest way to use One Image across Multiple Monitors. Now with AutoChanger, Unsplash Browser and Much More
This is a paid app with a 7-day free trial.
Use a single fabulous image across all your monitors.
No need to chop your image up into perfect pieces - Multi Monitor Wallpaper does the work for you.
"Finally! I've found what I've been looking for! I've always had such a problem trying to set up a decent dual or triple screen panoramic wallpaper, I've spent countless hours in photoshop trying to break up the photo, this took me 3 seconds and I was done! Definitely recommend this to ANYBODY!! THANK YOU!!"
This is a paid app. It offers a 7-day free trial, then a yearly subscription.
• Features •
~ Easily apply any image from your computer
~ Supports Dynamic Wallpapers
~ Browse Beautiful images from Unsplash or Flickr
~ Autochanger can automatically pick from Unsplash, or your own Photos.
~ Easily edit your image layout
~ Layout your monitors to match your physical setup
~ Easily scale and position your image for maximum effect or auto-space screens for real-world layout
All these features are available during the free trial.
If you choose to keep your subscription, then they remain live. If you decide not to subscribe, then they will be disabled.
• Also Awesome for Single Monitor Setups! •
You can easily move and scale your images, auto change from your collection, or fetch from Unsplash.
Enjoy your new wallpapers!
• Digital Blasphemy! •
If you're a Digital Blasphemy fan and you have a subscription there, then you can access your images directly from the app. You can even AutoChange.
• Subscription Information •
Multi Monitor Wallpaper is supported through an auto-renewing subscription which you can choose to purchase within the app.
• The subscription is called 'Multi Monitor Wallpaper'
• It is an annual subscription. It lets you the full functions of Multi Monitor Wallpaper as described above.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Massive Update - New Sources, New AutoChanger, New Filters, New Look
- New filters can automatically adjust your wallpaper as the sun sets and rises
- Added Pexels & Pixabay for more beautiful images
- Autochanger completely rebuilt to allow multiple sources
- Add autochange choices directly from the image browsers
- Manually set the colour behind the menu bar to ensure your menu is always clear
- Folder AutoChange now uses images up to one subfolder deep
- Fixes DigitalBlasphemy autochanger
- Fixes 'grey background' issue
- Improvements in communicating Autochange issues
- Now with "What's New" info
- If you don't use 'Screens have separate spaces', then only draw menu bar colour for your main screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Buggy but functional
Overall, I like the functionality of the App but there are several bugs that need to be ddressed. For example, the App generates documents to store settings for a variety of wallpapers that you might want to setup. When you open the App though, it always creates a new document instead of opening the document that relates to the currently displayed wallpaper. The most common use of the app once initially setup is to re-adjust the layout becuase it seems to change slightly every time I plug back in to my monitors. So, this means that at least once a day I am going in to tweak something and always have to go through the hasle of deleting the newly created document and then confirming that I really want to delete it. Also, It always takes a launch, followed by a quit followed by another launch each day before the App starts working. The first time it comes up none of the menu items are clickable. It is like it just freezes upon the first launch of the day but the second launch always fixes it. Ultimatley there are a lot of small bugs in the system but once you get past those I do like the capability that I get form the App.
Developer Response ,
Hi - if you're still seeing that bug, please do get in touch. I haven't come across it myself, and would like to figure out what is happening.
Interesting suggestion re opening the current _applied_ wallpaper. I hadn't thought of that. Currently it uses the standard document approach of opening your most recently _opened_ wallpaper.
Love This App Mostly...
I have two unique setups for my workspace, one at home and one at work. Sometimes this app can recognize the different setups, but it would be nice if there was a way to save a setup profile.
Additionally, and this was the real thing I came here searching for: I love the ability to have saved search queries in Unsplash, but often times the app will grab the same images that I've already seen and don't like, I wish there was a way to mark an image "Don't Show This Again" or something similar. This morning I had an image on my desktop that I don't like and have seen before and apparently it's relevant to my Unsplash query (not sure how) but it's not an image I'd like on my desktop and so I'd love a way to mark it so it's not included in a cycle of options...
If this already exists, please let me know, I couldn't find it in a quick search.
This is literally the best app for this purpose!
This is my first time reviewing a Mac app, but i figured this app is so worth the time writing this review. I have tried countless apps for setting a wallpaper to span multiple displays (even trying to crop the images myself) and this is the only app that I found that supports dynamic wallpapers. Being able to line up the edges and customize the layout with guides for each monitor is by far one of my favorite features since the Settings pane for Displays doesn't allow small changes for lining up the displays.
My only complaint is that the app lures you in with the Free tag on the page but force you to sign up for the subscription (with the 7-day free trial), but I believe its functionality fully justifies the price tag.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hobbyist Software Limited
- 23 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2023 Hobbyist Software Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Multi Monitor Wallpaper $9.99