Multideck is a tool for board and table game designers. It creates and prints custom card decks for game prototypes.
- Fully customizable card sizes with easy presets for standard card sizes
- Select fonts and font sizes, styles, and color
- Rich text allows embedding images and icons in lines of text
- Place images where you want them, at any size
- Rotate items to add vertical, angled, or upside-down text and images
- Color controls include translucency effects
- Support for designing and printing double-sided cards
- Print to PDF to create easily shared print-and-play documents
- Export to image files for use with online services
- Print all, or only selected portions of your decks
- Complete manual in the built-in Help pages
"Auto Reload" feature is fully implemented.
Card Items with errors or warnings are now badged in the layout display.
Validation is now automatic.
The new Card Layout Toolbar offers new features:
- Movement Lock button disables mouse-dragging of all card items
- Drag-Resize behavior can be toggled without visiting the Prefs window
- Clear Filter button deletes the current filter without visiting the Filter view
- Rotate View button rotates the card display 90°
- Error badge display on items can be toggled on/off.
Changed: In Export, the "Digital Gaming" option now selects 300 dpi instead of 72 dpi.
This release also includes a number of minor bug fixes.
See "What's New" in the Help menu for full details.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is GREAT
does exactly what it says. Watch the tutorial videos on the developers site to get going. its really flexible and powerful and never having used a templating tool before like this i was blown away about how clever it is. Basically you need a csv file (a spread sheet) for each of your card types where each row is a different card and each column is a feature of that card you want on there. like name of an image file, numbers, text and so on. then in the software you just basically drag and drop objects onto youre template to show werere you want those different card features to show up. you do that once and then the software will generate all your cards from that csv file. It has a number of printing options and just works great i could not be happier with this software.
This has not only enabled me to realize some game ideas ive had in the past but it has really inspired me to try new things. Highly recomend this totaly worth the price!
like data merge but better.
This is a specific tool for a specific job and it does that job well!
I have been using adobe Indesign data merge tool to make decks of cards for a long time. while i would still recommend adobe for high end finished graphics and typesetting Multideck is enough to get profesional looking cards made quickly and easily. also it does not cost $50 a month so on a game designers sallary it is actually affordable.
As I already knew data marge i’m not sure I can recomend this product if you have no failiarity working with data merge in other programs but with my previous knowledge the documentation was good enough that I learned to use the program after a few hours of work.
Thank you so much.
Thank you for taking the time and effort into making this program. I listened to Ludology episode, Winging It, and was a little bummed after I learned I could not use nanDeck without partitioning my mac. Thanks again. Will participate in adding detailed feedback to your multideck guild page on boardgamegeek if I can.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.