The Multiple Sclerosis - Clinical Care App contains current information on the diagnosis, classification, and management of multiple sclerosis (MS), concisely presented for use at the point of care. The content has been developed by Borm Bruckmeier Publishing in collaboration with the National MS Society, and is intended for practicing neurologists, resident physicians and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of patients with multiple sclerosis.
· Signs and symptoms characteristic of MS
· Four disease courses
· 2017 Revised McDonald Diagnostic Criteria for Multiple Sclerosis
· Differential diagnoses
· Elements of the diagnostic workup, including typical findings on brain and spinal MRI, and cerebrospinal fluid analysis
· Common clinically-isolated syndrome presentations
· Extensive symptom management including impact on quality of life, additional resources, and patient education material
· Treatment strategies including disease-modifying medications and relapse and symptom management
· Assessment scales including the Kurtzke Functional Systems Scores, Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale, Bladder Control Scale, and Two-Question Screening Tool for Depression
· National MS Society resources for clinicians and their patients
You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult with a doctor or other health care professional for medical advice or information about diagnosis and treatment before making a medical decision. By using this app, you acknowledge and understand that this app is not constantly monitored and if you are in need of immediate medical attention, you should immediately call 9-1-1.
- Technical update
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is the most helpful app!!
I have found so much help here on this app! It is my go to after I see my team of doctor's and need to understand what what said and why!!
As a 14 year black male MS veteran it's nice to see an app tailored for me and others out there. I do wish that it had the ability to add a more options to the journal area. I try to exercise at least 5 to 6 days a week and I wish there was a way to add those days I succeed as a single yes/no checkbox so I could graph it against "the good vs. the bad" days. Overall I am very happy and hope to further additions. Keep up the great job.
I have it
My had to go to the hospital multiple time so this is a great app
- Borm Bruckmeier Publishing LLC
- 76 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Börm Bruckmeier Publishing LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.