BACK TO SCHOOL SALE! 50% OFF!
3rd place in the 2011 BestAppEverAwards - Best Middle School Student App!
Multiplying Acorns is a fun and engaging way to learn multiplication. It provides real-life manipulatives for hands-on learning to help your child memorize their times tables.
The innovative reward system is designed to reinforce learned concepts and to keep the student motivated. Tokens earned provide the child with access to 3 fun mini-games which keeps them actively engaged.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCT - BestAppsForKids.com
4.5 stars - iAppsForTeachers.com
"Underneath its shiny, animated 3D graphics lies a top of the line multiplication application for children. The parental controls and statistics adds an element not offered in many apps."
4.5 stars, excellent apps - BestAppsForKids.com
"One of my favorite things about the Tasty Math Facts series of apps is the healthy combination of fun and learning. Kids will love the fuzzy squirrel mascot and the app’s focus on positive reinforcement. Parents will love the option to create three different user profiles for multiple children, clear statistic reports and option to tailor the game to each child’s specific needs."
Top Favorite! - FunEducationalApps.com
"Multiplying Acorns HD is another top fun educational app joining our top Favorite. It is very well designed, highly interactive and engaging. It offers a unique hands-on approach that truly helps and support independent learning."
Overall Rating 5/5 - AppsForHomeschooling.com
"Multiplying Acorns is a great tool to introduce children to the concept of multiplication. The ability to practice repeatedly in a low-stress, exploratory environment really helps to build confidence with the visual support of the acorn manipulative."
LEARN HOW TO:
• Multiply from 1×1 up to 9×9
• Visualize multiplication and grouping concepts
• Understand multiplication conceptually
• Rolling and picking up acorns
• Playing with gold coins
• Following Squirrely’s directions
• Earning a gold coin for each correct answer
• Working towards 3 different trophies
• Cracking the acorns open while counting them (individually by tapping or every acorn with the equals key)
• Reset all
• Set the highest number to practice, e.g. up to 4×4
• Automatic clear and multiply keys - On/Off
• Music - On/Off
• Check off used numbers to encourage diverse addition problems or leave free after use for flexibility and repeated practice
Use With Multiple Children:
• Create up to three accounts for multiple children
• Saves statistics and trophies for each child
• Check statistics for all children at a glance in the start menu
• Customize and save settings for each child
Additional Statistics for Teachers/Parents:
• Number of correct answers
• Number of incorrect answers
• Overall accuracy
• Historical accuracy displayed for each trophy
Look for these additional apps in the Tasty Math Facts series:
Adding Apples HD
Subtracting Sardines HD
• iOS 9 compatible
• All iPads
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10, 11-12, parents
“Multiplying Acorns HD”:
- Does not collect or share any personal data.
- Does not contain any ads.
- Does not contains In App Purchases
UI and Graphics improvements for Retina Resolution.
General improvements and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Just what my young kids need right now. Good app
Good visual representation of the multiplication concept
Great concept, superb graphics and wonderful customization options. Squirrels are my favorites, love their cute voices too. However, I prefer the squirrels to be more spaced apart so that when they throw up the acorns, the different groups of acorns can be seen more clearly. The concept of multiplication is best understood as the sum of a few groups of equal number of objects. The display of the number sentence should also appear as the child chooses the numbers and the operator for visual reinforcement. Furthermore, the answer can be included at the end in a horizontal line. This is easier for new learners. I would also like to have the option where the acorns are numbered as they are touched/counted one by one. Terms used in the settings page can be more self-explanatory too.
This is a great multiplication app and I hope to see it get better so that it can give more support to the children with special needs who are using it.
Great series of products
I love the consistency between Adding Apples, Subtracting Sardines, and this one. Our kindergarten daughter has special needs, and we have been told she would not be able to master higher math concepts. She was immediately drawn to Adding Apples, with very little instruction or help from me. When we got this app, I thought we would have to wait a bit, but she found it by herself. She was already familiar with the operations of the app and jumped right into multiplication. What a fabulous introduction for her. It is a visual and fun way of exploring math. As she says, "That's a lot of acorns!"
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Marcel Widarto
- 97.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © Marcel Widarto
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.