MultitrackStudio turns your iPad into a digital multitrack music recording studio. You can record, edit and mix audio and MIDI tracks. Both "one man band" recording, adding tracks one at a time, and live multitrack recording are supported.
Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include pianoroll, drum, score and pattern editors. Tempo and time signature can change throughout the song.
MultitrackStudio for iPad comes with many high quality audio effects including a guitar amp simulator. MIDI instruments include GM-compatible MultitrackStudio Instruments, SoundFont Player and Matrix Sampler. External (hardware) synths can be used as well.
AUv3 audio effects, instruments and MIDI effects are supported, so 3rd party apps can integrate into MultitrackStudio.
The straightforward user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. It's easy to use yet powerful.
• Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
• Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI patterns, MIDI controllers, tempo/time signature and song.
• One effect return section.
• One master section.
• Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
• Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Reverb, Rotor, Saturator, Stereo Imager, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
• MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible), SoundFont Player, Matrix Sampler, up to four Virtual MIDI Apps and one CoreMIDI output device.
• Supports Audio Unit effects and instruments and MIDI effects (the latter require iOS 12).
• Supports Inter-App Audio effects and instruments.
• Supports Audiobus (acts as output in Audiobus app).
• Supports MPE and MIDI 2.0 (MIDI 2.0 requires iPadOS 14)..
• MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, chords, drum, matrix and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device. Supports Bluetooth LE MIDI.
• Supports Bluetooth audio output.
• Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
• Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
• Exports .wav and .mid files.
• Import/export audio/MIDI via Document Picker, iTunes File Sharing, AudioShare, General Pasteboard or email.
• Imports/exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song, compatible with MultitrackStudio for Windows/macOS.
• Lyrics/chords prompter and editor.
• Also works with mouse/trackpad/keyboard (requires iPadOS 13.4).
The Pro Extension (available as in-app purchase) adds these features:
• Up to 32 tracks.
• Either an extra Effect Return or up to 8 Groups.
• Two extra Effect Returns on 12.9 inch iPads.
• Multichannel audio playback.
• Mixer and effect automation.
• Audio pitch shifting in track editors.
• Time stretching in track editors.
• Tempo editor can process audio tracks.
• Stretch and Stretch Accelerando in tempo editor.
• Multi MIDI Editor (edit multiple tracks in a single editor)..
• Create new song using current as template.
• Convolutor effect with Vintage Reverbs.
• Load custom speaker IR in Guitar Amp.
• Dynamics effect, supports sidechaining.
• Multiband Compressor effect.
• Phase Inverter effect.
• Transposer effect.
• Vocal Tuner effect.
The Track Pack (available as in-app purchase if the Pro Extension has been purchased, 64 bits iPads only) adds these features:
• 64 tracks (instead of 32).
• Supports mouse / trackpad / keyboard.
• MIDI 2.0: MIDI device protocol changes are now handled.
• Fixed: The Quantize and Legato options in a MIDI track editor's Edit Control panel didn't update per-note controls.
• Fixed: Copying (imported) MIDI controllers to automation editors: multiple values at the same time location are handled better.
• Fixed some issues that caused exception errors.
Ratings and Reviews
The perfect iPad DAW for me.
Amazingly functional and stable DAW that is the perfect tool for any serious recording projects on the iPad. So many powerful features. I've bought all the major iPad DAWs, and they all have their strengths, but this one is the one I love to use. It fits me perfect. It does it's job very well without interrupting my creative workflow with buggy behavior - the way a DAW should be. I like the simple GUI which is not only well thought out, but so quick to use once you get the hang of it (and easy to learn I must add). I only wish I had bought this DAW first, it would have save me time, money, and frustration. I'm so impressed and happy with this app I bought the pro extension, even though I didn't need it, just to support the dedicated developer. I also appreciate that this app can run on my older iPad (iOS 10). I am recommending MTS to my recording buddies as the best iPad DAW to get.
Feature Rich, Solid, For Pros, The Best on iOS
You won’t be able to match this app feature for feature with anything else in iOS. Learn the interface and you will be addicted.
This is a secret jewel. Get the pro extension and you will never look back. This app has possibly the best punch-in features available. Internal sampling is a breeze. Time stretch, multiple time signatures and tempos, convolution reverb, guitar amp, fully IAA, AU, and AUv3 compatible. MIDI routing, internal keyboard, chord pads, guitar fretboard, and more.
Smooth real-time scrubbing with midi and audio!
Time signature and tempo mapping.
A song editor that easily operates across all tracks. A midi editing interface that offers access TO ALL MIDI TRACKS AT ONCE.
It even features notation!
Look at the size of the app. A fraction of the size of other DAWS with twice the feature set. It must be written in magic.
If you do more than cut up pieces of other people’s music and glue them together you will certainly benefit from this app. Kudos Geil Bremmers!
One of the best
The developer is devoted to the app and constantly updates it, and it keeps getting better and better. It doesn’t get enough attention in the music app community, but it is my DAW of choice and I recommend it to anyone who is serious about producing music on the iOS platform.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Giel Bremmers
- 17.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2001-2021 Bremmers Audio Design
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Extension $19.99
- Track Pack $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.