An essential app for San Francisco public transit riders. Features include:
- Real-time GPS location of buses*
- Predicted arrival times at stops*
- Find nearby stops by zooming in
- Pin frequently used stops on the map
*All GPS locations and arrival time predictions are provided by NextBus.
Disclaimer: This application is not affiliated with SFMTA.
Fixed a bug that caused connection error to pop up frequently for some users.
- Updated design for easier navigation
- Design change on routes menu: tap on ⊕ to add it to the map, tap on star to save it under favorites
- I know many of you thought the font size was too small. Now, the app will respect iOS setting for text size. (Available under Display & Brightness > Text Size, or Accessibility for even larger text sizes)
- Stops on the map now show the colors of the routes instead of rainbow wheel.
Apple Watch App
- Shows your pinned stops and also nearby stops. It will show pinned stops that are nearby first.
Please email me if you notice any issue or have suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you find MuniWatch useful, please leave a nice review on the App Store. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Great! - but..
I’ve used this app almost as long as I’ve lived in the city and it’s been nothing but reliable (for the most part, ha!). But I’ve recently realized that all the underground muni have been removed from the map and made the commute super UNreliable. :( They’re part of the muni system so not sure what happened and wish they’d fix the issue, but there hasn’t been an update in so long it seems pretty far fetched..
Does a nice job with routes and is fairly accurate with predicting bus or tram or car arrivals. Very helpful. Takes a little getting used to but effective and well done over all. Would like this combined with the ticketing app for easier toggling but small issue. Must have for our out towners trying to use the transportation system.
Has become less functional over time
When I first got this app, I thought it was great, given the number of Muni bus stops without information on upcoming bus arrivals. Then all of a sudden, one by one, each line that I most frequently used the app for stopped showing up on the map. No stops were showing up anywhere along the route. We are not talking about minor bus routes, but lines like the 24 Divisadero, the 22 Fillmore, and the Van Ness buses. So it is basically useless now. A shame, because I thought it was a great app initially.
Developer Response ,
Hi, sorry about these issues. There are some bugs in the current version that prevents routes from getting updated. Please try the following: go to the Map tab and tap on "Add Routes" button to add 24, 22, and Van Ness routes to the map. Doing this will make sure that these routes are up-to-date.
I am trying to resolve an issue that is blocking the app updates to go through. I'm hoping to release a long-overdue update soon. Please let me know if the above steps don't fix the problem. My email is email@example.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.