An essential app for San Francisco public transit riders. Features include:
- Real-time GPS location of buses*
- Predicted arrival times at stops*
- Find nearby stops by zooming in
- Pin frequently used stops on the map
*All GPS locations and arrival time predictions are provided by NextBus.
Disclaimer: This application is not affiliated with SFMTA.
Fixed a bug that caused connection error to pop up frequently for some users.
- Updated design for easier navigation
- Design change on routes menu: tap on ⊕ to add it to the map, tap on star to save it under favorites
- I know many of you thought the font size was too small. Now, the app will respect iOS setting for text size. (Available under Display & Brightness > Text Size, or Accessibility for even larger text sizes)
- Stops on the map now show the colors of the routes instead of rainbow wheel.
Apple Watch App
- Shows your pinned stops and also nearby stops. It will show pinned stops that are nearby first.
Please email me if you notice any issue or have suggestions: email@example.com
If you find MuniWatch useful, please leave a nice review on the App Store. It really helps!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does a nice job with routes and is fairly accurate with predicting bus or tram or car arrivals. Very helpful. Takes a little getting used to but effective and well done over all. Would like this combined with the ticketing app for easier toggling but small issue. Must have for our out towners trying to use the transportation system.
Great! - but..
I’ve used this app almost as long as I’ve lived in the city and it’s been nothing but reliable (for the most part, ha!). But I’ve recently realized that all the underground muni have been removed from the map and made the commute super UNreliable. :( They’re part of the muni system so not sure what happened and wish they’d fix the issue, but there hasn’t been an update in so long it seems pretty far fetched..
I am completely addicted to this app
Honestly, I don't know how I'd get around San Francisco without it. It's intuitive, always has up-to-date info, and fun to play around with! It's easily in my top 10 most-used apps, maybe even top 5.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.