Developed in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
As featured in the WWDC 2012 Keynote Speech.
The Muscle System Pro III is used by most universities and is now the standard learning/reference tool for students and medical professionals.
Now with 215 movement animations, 425 audio pronunciations, 548 isolated muscles and 548 muscle Insertion and Origin maps (You can toggle between muscles and their attachment points on the bone).
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/muscle_pro.php
This app is by far the the most comprehensive musculoskeletal system on the market.
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - with a swipe of your finger.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views where applicable.
• 10 layers of superficial and deep muscle.
• New 3D level with insertion / origin points mapped onto bone.
• 548 isolated muscles and insertion/origin points (mapped onto the bone)
• 215 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc)
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice - with ability to test on specific areas or muscles.
• 425 audio pronunciations, for every label. (Please ensure your language is set to English in settings for pronunciations to work)
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double Tap to zoom - zoom into and identify any region or muscle by tapping on the screen.
• Customize Pins - add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Jump to a different area of the body - jump to a different body area by tapping or dragging the white box on the full body thumbnail.
• Customize the app - using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc…
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select a muscle and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, in helping to locate a muscle and / or explain its relevance for certain conditions, ailments and injuries.
Ratings and Reviews
First rate app for Physical Therapy
As a clinician, I find it impossible to remember every origin and insertion of every muscle in the body. This app has been an invaluable reference tool to guide me during manual interventions needed to rehab my patients. It's also been useful for patient education to help them better understand various diagnoses. I've previously used this app on my iPad, but now I have it at the palm of my hands with the iPhone 6+. There were several other anatomy apps in the app store, but this is by far my favorite. It's easy to use, the graphics are beautiful, and my patients love it. Besides, the price was right and worth every penny. I wish I had this as a student!
I can’t say enough good things
I am a Physical Therapist. I have been using the muscle and skeletal app since my iPhone4 to explain to my patients what is going on in their body. I literally use these two apps every day and have gotten more complements from patients on their greater understanding of their condition due to these. I have been stressing the last two days without it due to the IOS update. Thank you for getting this out. It is my life line at work!!!
I have used the Essential Anatomy app on my iPad for about a year and absolutely love the interface and ease of use. This app is not the same by any means. There is no freedom of movement, you cannot select muscle groups and you can't select individual muscles unless going through the pin menu. Also the quality of the image isn't as good. I understand it's not going to be as complete as the anatomy app but come on. I wanted this app to show my clients quickly what we are focusing on and it takes me longer to pull up the structures than to explain it. I'm asking for a refund and just getting Essential Anatomy 5 and adding on the muscles package. I really wish the interface was consistent throughout all of the apps. I would buy them all if that where the case.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.