Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 124 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 194 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 124 free instruments, 70 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• iOS Files app support allows you to create and manage folders
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
Ratings and Reviews
Music Studio is a very capable DAW
I have to say I'm impressed with this app! It has a lot of useful features such as built in midi instruments (and a lot to choose from too) as well as audio tracks to record from a microphone or line in. I really like the Inter App Audio support so you can record audio from other music apps and virtual instruments you may have installed on your device.
Here's why I couldn't give it five stars: when I record audio tracks, it will record the wave, but it won't play the sound when I play back my recordings. I can't get the audio tracks to "play" even though the waveform is there. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Or is it a glitch that needs to be updated? I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy because I really do like this app. I just wanted to bring this problem to someone's attention just in case they're having the same problem.
Never change or stop updating for new devices
I have been using this app since early 2011 and it is almost 2021 now, i have made over 5,000 songs on this app between 11 iPhones, Ipads and iPod Touch and recently picked up a full music production setup with monitors, audio interface and midi keyboard and still plan to never stop using this app. Id love for you guys to stay original and not be like FL studio mobile where its complicated to use now. I stopped using FL mobile on update 2.5 because after that they changed it and still no idea how to use where as your app is the true one i understand the most and use. It is much like a simple laid out FL studio for computer and its easy to understand. One thing i would love though is an AUV3 with pitch and speed kinda like Grossbeat and also maybe make a EQ/mixer that can read your tracks and mix them to best of ability without clipping or too much low end. Also would love some kind of audio mastering setup that can make the tracks radio ready, i seem to have an issue with low volumes sometimes on the track after i make it into wav or something to send on email. Ideally just want some kind of settings where it can master the volumes of each track for you at the end of making the track etc then can hear your track with good mixes and volumes. Really want this app to be able to make radio ready music for 2021+ and many years to come! I want to meet the creator of this app such an awesome music studio!
Love playing around with GarageBand. Have been making songs for the past three years. This is the only app that equals, and in some areas (core instrument variety, for example), surpasses GarageBand. There's was a bit of a learningv curve for me, I must admit, and I am sure I've only scratched the surface of what Music Studio is capable of, but I'm very satisfied with the tools I've discovered. One of my favorite pastimes is downloading Midi files, and, currently, Music Studio beats GarageBand in the quality of its Midi-file uploading abilities. Everything from Beethoven to AC-DC sounds great when run through this app. Plus, it exports Midi files as well n(and WAVs and all of the major file-types that a hobbyist like me requires to keep himself busy. I'm really looking forward to the next update and am hoping even more musical instruments and drum kids will become available.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Gross
- 812.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- 60 Instrument Bundle $6.99
- Electro Pack $3.99
- Band Pack $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.