Music Tag Editor is the best tag editor for mac ever, it can help you to batch edit your Music Tag info easily and effectively, batch rename with metadata, you can also use it to convert the text encoding of Music Tag, In situations, it can repair the messy code in Music Tags. You also can download the album image for MP3 from internet.
Also, you can search tags of music file from MusicBrainz cloud services.
● Supported Music formats: MP3, M4A, MP4, FLAC, APE, AIFF, WAV , Ogg files, asf, dsf, dsd,wma,wmv...
Supported Tag Formats: ID3V1, ID3V2, iTunes specific tags, xiphComments, APE Tag, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, Ogg Flac.
● Main features:
1. support id3v1,id3v2,xiphComments, APE Tag, Ogg Tags, ASF Tags, iTunes tags and so on.
2. support edit any kind of tags of music file. Customize tag's key and value of music file.
3. support batch processing of lots of music files,support iTunes importing.
4. Online album image download,multi album image supported.
5. batch rename audio file with metadata
6. batch convert file name to tags using regular expression
7. user can change,convert the tag text encoding easily, it also can repair messy code in situations.
8. Fully iTunes Tag supported.
9. Support strip APE or ID3V1 tags in mp3 files
10. support to save id3v2.3 or id3v2.4 tags!
11. support Batch Find & Replace tags.
12. Batch clean tags
13. Built-IN Music player for all audio formats
14. export to CSV file in one click.
● What's new in Major release 5.0:
1. Totally newly designed "Find&Replace" function, More efficient to find and replace text.
2. Support multiple editing mode, multi file selected, edit once.
3. Support editing in library table columns.
4. Support senior lyric editor and preview at realtime.
5. Optimize tag reading and writing speed. More efficient to edit tags.
6. Support to save artwork with assigned image format, like jpg or png.
7. Optimize UI experience,Support left-right and top-bottom ui layout mode.
8. Optimize player experience, support loop play mode.
9. iTunes specific tags is fully supported (up to 32 kind of tags).
● What's the differences between "Music Tag Editor", "Music Tag Editor 5" and "Music Tag Editor Pro":
For historical reasons, there are three apps with different names on the Appstore at the same time, But with the purchase mechanism of the apps has changed to subscription based since the major release 5.0, There is no differences between the three apps. So you can purchase any of the app and enjoy all features and updates.
1. Support batch download tag data from the cloud, including text, lyrics, poster tags.
2. Optimize the editing experience and display the editing dynamics in real time.
3. Optimize setting preferences.
4. Bug fixes, other experience optimization.
5. Fix a crash on older macOS system.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app has a lot going for it - it allows the user to easily edit all audio file tags quickly, with excellent results. Only complaint is that every time you go to save a file, it asks you again if you want to save it, making the “save” process a 2-step process. They should offer a check box to say “Don’t ask me this again” to eliminate the second step. Having a 2-step save process slows things down, otherwise, am satisfied with this app.
Very useful utility
Very useful utility for those who like to keep their media tags clean and up to date.
Couple of updates needed....
1) It doesnt do a great job at finding lyrics and that is likely mostly due to their cloud partner noth having all the information required.
2) While it supports video MP4 tag changes, there are no cloud partner services supported for this (unlike music) so it is all manual. They really need to look into adding this, afterall there are many vendors out there.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your comments, The cloud services is now the Short Board, So I will dig into it and make Music Tag Editor better for all users.
Best app ever!
This app is amazing and easy to use!
- liu zhuo
- 15.7 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2013-2020 yumysoft. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- lifetime subscription $19.99
- one year for full function $9.99
- one month subscription $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.