Simple, no-frills music player for people who have a music library based on a folder structure instead of tags / metadata.
IMPORTANT: You cannot use MusicFolder to play music from the regular "Music" app. Instead, you copy your folder-based music library from your computer into the app.
- Supported file formats: mp3, mp4, m4a, aac, alac, wav, adts, ac3, aiff, aifc, caf, snd, au, sd2.
- Gapless playback for all file formats.
- Straightforward playlist concept: the playlist always simply consists of all songs in the current folder and its subfolders.
- Fast interactive playlist search.
- Gesture-based, eyes-off control: swipe up/down to shuffle, swipe left/right to skip, double-tap to play/stop.
- Interactive scrubbing through the current song with the realtime seek bar.
- Configurable behavior at the end of a song and on remote control events (headphones / Control Center): skip or shuffle.
- Simple music library transfer and management using the iOS Files app.
- Optional automatic conversion of newly added uncompressed file formats to AAC.
- Full remote control support for headphones and Control Center.
- Supports portrait and landscape orientation.
- Selecting a photo from your photo library will auto-generate a theme based on the photo's color structure.
IMPORTANT: The app is STRICTLY for FOLDER-BASED libraries and does NOT support ANY kind of tags, cover art, or other metadata inside files. However, for people keeping their music library organized in folders "the oldschool way" and seeking a simple, no-frills portable player, this app is a godsend!
Let us know if you have any suggesions or issues via our support page!
- Remote control can now be disabled completely to avoid accidental stopping or skipping with headphone buttons or Control Center.
- In addition to "skip to next" and "shuffle", playback can now be stopped after the current song: the button to the right of the seek bar now has an additional "stop" mode, identified by a || symbol.
- Better compatibility with iPhone X and newer models.
- Potential fix for rare cases when folder list wasn't sorted correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
I needed a way to play audio book files in folders on my Windows 10 laptop created from ripping CDs —with the tracks playing in the correct order, the order they appear in their folders, on my iPod Touch. This app handles it. It works. Thanks.
- Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Limited
- 1.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.