** Featured on MacStories, 9to5Mac, iOS Today, AppleInsider & more! **
With MusicHarbor you can follow your favorite artists and record labels closely, and be the first to know about new music releases, music videos, events and news.
"If you care about new music releases and staying on top of your favorite artists, you need MusicHarbor."
"This is a great app for folks who are trying to find new music from their favorite artists."
– iOS Today, TWiT
MusicHarbor is tightly integrated with iOS, and takes advantage of all of the device's capabilities and the latest Apple technologies.
A FEED OF MUSIC RELEASES:
See all the albums from the artists and labels you follow on a chronologically ordered timeline. You can also hide feats/collabs and filter by types such as album, single, EP, remix, live and acoustic.
Switch between the Released and Upcoming tab to see the albums that are coming. Add upcoming albums to your calendar, so you can count the days until release. There's also three different Widgets for your Home Screen (iOS 14 required), so you can easily glance at the latest and upcoming albums.
Preview songs and add them to your music library or to a playlist. Or even open the album directly on Apple Music/Spotify/your music streaming service of choice.
You can also track music videos, which are categorized into video, lyric video, interview and live performance.
NEWS AND EVENTS:
MusicHarbor integrates with Google News and DuckDuckGo to search for the latest news from the artists you follow. So it's easier for you to be on top of everything that's happening with them. There's also a link to Songkick, that you can use to find concerts. And don't forget about the links to Metacritic, Pitchfork and AllMusic, so you can easily read that review about your favorite album.
Choose from a multitude of options to make MusicHarbor your own. You can customize the information density, choose between light and dark mode, and much, much more.
• Import artists from Apple Music, Spotify, your local music library, or add them manually
• Follow record labels
• Add new releases to your music library or to a playlist
• Add upcoming albums to your Calendar
• Preview released songs
• Three different widgets for your Home Screen (iOS 14 required)
• Create advanced shortcuts and automations using the Shortcuts app
• Track new music videos from the artists you follow
• Open albums directly in Apple Music, Spotify, and other music streaming services
• Light and dark mode
• iCloud sync
• Filter releases by type (album, single, ep, remix, live and acoustic)
• Customize your feed's information density
• Open events from the artist in Songkick
• Read news about an artist right in Google News or DuckDuckGo
• Redirect to read album reviews in specialized sources
Download MusicHarbor now for free!
- Added the album's genre in the details screen.
- Added a link to the record label's profile in the album detail screen.
- Added a link to search and follow the record label right from the album detail screen.
Bug fixes and improvements:
- Improved the Release Feed stability.
- Fixed bugs that could crash the app while updating.
- Fixed a bug that caused the album artwork to be cliped on top, when using a pointer device on iPad.
- Improved the empty list indicator message for the Releases and Video tabs.
- Improved MusicHarbor Pro feature listing screen.
- Renamed "Disqueras" to "Discográficas"
- Renamed "Disable grouping by date" to "Group by date"
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic app for discovering new songs YOU want to hear
This is exactly what I’ve been looking for. It provides notifications and a feed for newly released songs, EP’s, and albums from artists of your choosing that can be imported from Apple Music.
The one suggestion I have for improvement is more customization. For example, I wish I could edit my feed and notifications to only include songs and albums written by my followed artists, not all the songs they’re featured on. An option to turn this on or off would greatly improve my experience, and other different customizable settings could benefit other users too.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! That's a great idea, I'll probably add it on the next update 👍
I'm very happy to announce that version 1.7 is live on the App Store! Now you can choose which type of release you'll like to be notified, using the Notification Management feature!
Extremely Disappointed with latest Downgrade
It was an update but it’s actually a downgrade. To add the latest “great” feature, Follow Labels, Concerts has been removed. Who follows entire Labels? That’s completely useless! And now to find a concert you have to select artists, then select an artist, then select the menu, then select Search Events! Which then takes you to the Songkick website! And then it only shows you events for that artist! So if you want to see concerts near you, you have to then enter the city or cities you want to search? That’s a huge amount of effort compared to the old PAID way where the app used your location and showed you events for multiple cities within selected miles from you. So Concerts is useless now and that purchase was a waste of money! You might as well just download the Songkick app and save yourself a bunch of steps! This app just lost half its useful functionality and half its value. 2 stars because the Releases feature still works well.
Developer Response ,
The Concerts feature had to be removed because Songkick changed some policies regarding the number of requests I can make to the API. Because of this change, further integration with Songkick will not be possible.
To try to make up for the functionality that was lost, users that had purchased the Filter Concerts feature will now have free access to following record labels. Although it's a completely different functionality, some users might find value in it.
Following record labels was one of the most requested feature I had in my backlog so, although you may not find it very useful, lots of other users think differently. So I'm glad I was able to finally implement it.
My favorite way of tracking new releases from my favorite artists! BUT, there’s a problem…
I highly recommend music fans download this app and use it to preview and save new releases from your favorite artists!
However, although notifications for new releases are advertised as a feature, this has never worked for me. I’ve had the app for several months, upgraded to all paid benefits, and made sure my Notification Center settings are all checked for this app. However, I’ve never once received a notification.
THe reason I’m posting only 3 stars is because after reporting the issue to the developer, he was very dismissive. I found that deserved a lower rating, and a review—explaining my experience.
I guess: don’t expect notifications to work, and don’t expect the developer to care?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Marcos Antonio Tanaka
- 8.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Marcos Tanaka
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock everything $5.99
- Filter releases by type $2.99
- Follow record labels $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.