MusicReader is a digital music stand app for the Apple iPad.
It makes it very easy to manage and use your sheet music:
- Real PDF Support - all settings / annotations are stored in the PDF.
- View your PDF sheet music.
- Convenient library to catalogue of files.
- Full playlist support for rehearsals and performances.
- Make annotations in the PDFs using multiple colors and line widths.
- Standard symbols and support for redo / undo.*
- Display and turn pages in multiple ways.
- Zoom into the sheet music.
- Easy download of PDF Files from websites.
- Support for foot pedals to turn pages.
- Use metronome, tuner, music player and sound recorder.*
- Display sheet music on external screen.*
- Easy Dropbox synchronization*
- Bluetooth file transfer*
*=requires Professional features pack
fix for MR5 upload
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works pretty good
I've been using this app for a couple of years mainly in live performances. Overall the app works fairly well. The only time the app has crashed on me is when using the annotation tools which are not that good so I choose not to use them. I would to point out to the developers that the library icon and gig list icons are very small compared to the others on the task bar. This doesn't make sense because these two selection areas are used the most. When trying to select a song or select to change the gig list, you have to be very precise to touch the small icon(s) on the screen of the iPad. Precisely touching the screen while in a live performance can be difficult. It's to easy to accidentally touch the wrong area. I would like see the physical size of the two selection buttons / icons for the library and gig list be made larger. There seems to be plenty of space on the task bar and enlarging them would certainly make the app easier to use.
MusicReader when combined with LargePrint reader for desktop from the same site and Airturn are an outstanding solution for musicians with low vision needing an enlarged score. Music can be enlarged in the second program to a discrete number of staffs and measures then fed to MusicReader for page turning. There is more value here than in programs costing much more. Support is quick and personal with full documentation. My thanks to the developer for helping me access music.
It will not import or share any file on the iPad
All controls are non-responsive, keyboard typing does not even show up and all shares / copy to the app do not work on the new iPad iOS for iPad Pro, what an udder waste of a purchase, and yes, I did have the latest version.
- Leone MusicReader B.V.
- 31 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © Leoné MusicReader B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- MusicReader Professional $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.