Some fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the latest update with expanded social features (comparing your taste in movies is particularly fun!) Overall, Must has become a habit. When someone mentions an amazing movie, I immediately add it to my list, otherwise I forget. I also watch multiple series at the same time, so an episode tracker makes things easy to follow. Love the aesthetics of the app, the ability to see what your friends watched and how they liked it. I only wish direct messaging was also available to make communication easier (otherwise I often have to send screenshots). The app has come a long way in just a few months and it definitely deserves more attention.
Must is an all-around great app in terms of usability and design. The user interface, which resembles the official iOS theme is great. I’ve been using Letterboxd, which is a similar film logging app but I’d consider switching over. I like how the poster art is really clean and up to date. The ability to see what episodes are available for a series and rate a specific season is a really nice addition and shows attention to detail.
While I love the app in its current state, there’s still some things that could use improvement. Different views would be a nice addition. I appreciate that it focuses on the poster art, but I like being able to see all the films I’ve watched and seeing only two horizontally seems like poor design. A dark mode would be nice but not a priority. Being able to import films from a CSV file would be ideal for users like me who have used other film logging apps but I understand it’s not a feature that most users would need. The share pop-up after logging a film is kind of annoying and I wish there was an option to turn it off.
Overall, the app is almost perfect and it’s only been out for such a short time. I look forward to new features and improvements in the upcoming months.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comments, will discuss inside the team. In refer to import your movie collection form other services – we have iMDB import now, please find the instruction here http://support.mustapp.com/imdb/
This is exactly the app I was looking for!!
I’ve tried many tv show tracking apps over the years, and this is the app I’ve always wanted. It’s near perfect execution of the concept—and then some!
The flaws I’m pointing out below and very nit picky. If you’re looking for a show tracking app, GET THIS APP. Period.
There are a few things that could use some improvement:
1. Navigation speed: it’s very slow to navigate in the app, for example if you tap the thumbnail or when you’re viewing the episode list, you have to swipe down 3 times to get the main screen (which would be fine but those swipes take way too long—what I mean by this is compare this to Twitter, when you’re talking to someone in the DMs, you can swipe back and it’s instant—I think the animations take too long in this app? I’m not sure).
2. Sharing reviews: I constantly get asked to share my review on twitter or other social media sites. I do NOT want to do that, EVER. Please add the option to turn that off. Please.
3. Dark mode: this app is perfect for dark mode support. It’s a very clean looking app, and I think it would look beautiful in dark mode. Please add support for OLED dark mode, and a gray dark mode. See the different themes in the iOS reddit app, it has OLED (which is pure black), and a gray dark mode if you’re not clear on what I mean.
Again: GET THIS APP. It’s great!
- Must App Corp.
- 102.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Must App Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.