The MUTCD app is the most advanced, unofficial version of the 2009 Federal Manual Uniform on Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) ever created! Created from electronic files directly obtained from the Federal MUTCD team, the app is redefining how people interact with it! Carry the manual with you everywhere, and find things immediately. It is the quickest version of the MUTCD ever created! Perfect for the civil engineer, contractor, or public works employee in the field. It includes a custom designed interface with features never implemented before. Features include:
* Drill-down tables to find text, individual signs, figures and tables. The entire manual is in the app. Hyperlinks are provided in text to all corresponding figures and tables. It has never been easier!
* Text based search for Chapters, Sections, Signs, Tables and Figure titles. Find all traffic signs by keyword or MUTCD code. For example, type in “Truck” for the signs tab, and see all signs with “Truck” in the title. Type in “R1-1”, and it shows the stop sign with touch based access to the corresponding section.
* The sign tab includes a copyrighted, sign index with high-resolution graphics that is superior to all others! Federal MUTCD signs are shown that allow one to touch the sign to reveal the relevant section. You can visually search by sign type or show all MUTCD signs in the same drill-down table. Over 800+ signs are available!
A demonstration of the above features is available on YouTube at
The MUTCD is in the initial stages of evolving to something much more than a simple PDF. See the first stage of this evolution today!
It would be appreciated if you could rate the MUTCD app after using it. All comments are appreciated.
* App updated to work with iOS 11
* Link to known errors in 2009 MUTCD as of 1/12/17 added in Info Tab
Ratings and Reviews
Please Update to 64-BIT
It would be terrible for this app to disappear this fall with the new iOS update.
Great app was using it everyday. Please update it to work with iOS 11. Thanks
Easy to use, searchable, invaluable for field work!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.