The award-winning automatic video editing software is finally here for the Mac. This version is optimized for a photo-only slideshow, using the same Artistic Intelligence cinematic engine used in muvee Reveal (but tuned for photos).
Instantly create awesome music slideshows that dance to the beat of any music track you choose. Comes with 5 different bundled Styles, each with distinctive effects, transitions and filters. All for the price of a round of lattes.
Grab up to 50 photos from your cameras, computer, or iPhoto, choose a music track from iTunes, and hit Play. Its really that easy!
The app analyzes your chosen music track for the beats and emotional index, then analyzes your photos for human faces. In moments, a professionally produced music-video-style photo movie is created, complete with Ken Burns effects, awesome color filters and professional transitions.
Automatically zooms, pans and highlights any faces in your photos and also syncs your slideshow to the beat and emotional index of the music track. Choose from three speed settings for even more control.
* We are limiting this to 50 photos because that's tested to best fit a typical song and any longer, the slideshow will get a little draggy.
* Wanna tell an epic story? Make multiple muvees with different songs and string them together! That gives you ability to use different Styles and music, adding spice and variety.
* Choose from one of 5 exciting Styles, ranging from music-video trailer type slideshows to Scrapbook-style photo books.
* Export to iPad and iPhone4/4S/5 (720P HD), iPod Touch/iPhone 3GS and earlier (480P)
* Save to your local Mac drive in various sizes for uploading to YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo.
* Share on the big screen with iDVD or directly using Airplay.
* Great for weddings, vacations, family moments, graduation, and sporting events.
Fixed application crashes after importing unanalyzed music from iTunes via Finder
Optimized production values for 50 photos
Ratings and Reviews
Given Muvee's background and the fact that in their very beginning I was an early adopter and evangelizer, I was excited to see that they finally let the Mac in but really disappointed to find that this has nothing to do with movies at all. It's just another trick slide show and a pretty lame one at that Now I read that it's limited to 50 stills which would make it close to useless. I expected more from Muvee and should have read the fine print.
What's the beef?
I've used this for a couple jobs now. Yes, it's like a slide show, not sure what others expected. I've made two shows on for my nonprofit web site and totally happy with both. Time to create was minimal. Sure the options are minimal, what did you expect for the price? I'm happy, totally. If you visit mountain fund you can see two items I made in about 10 minutes - max - time each. It's exactly what I needed, not more, not less.
I am glad to see that Muvee is breaking into Apple. I love this when I had windows. I do photography, and love the quick 50 pick up load. After editing photos, I can create a quick slideshow for my clients or quick galleries to show work, events, etc on Facebook or as a portfolio. I am looking forward to being able to purchase more creative options. For now, this works for quick use and time saving use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.