My Aurora Forecast is the best app for seeing the Northern Lights. Built with a sleek dark design, it appeals to both tourists and serious aurora watchers by telling you what you want to know - whether that is exactly how likely you are to see the aurora borealis or details about the solar winds and high-resolution sun imagery. With this app, you'll be seeing the Northern Lights in no time.
- Find the current KP index and how likely you are to see the Northern Lights in the United States or the rest of the world.
- View a list of the best locations to view from right now.
- Map showing how strong the aurora is around the world, based on the SWPC ovation auroral forecast.
- Free push notifications when auroral activity is expected to be high.
- Forecasts for the next hour, several hours and several weeks so you can plan your Northern Lights viewing long in advance (subject to weather conditions).
- Solar wind statistics and sun imagery.
- View live aurora webcams from around the world.
- Tour information so if you're considering to go to locations such as Iceland, Sweden, Finland or even Alaska or Canada, you'll be able to find tours that we can recommend to you.
- Support for the latest iPhone and iPad models.
- Completely free of charge for all functionality, no in-app purchases.
If you want the latest updates on geomagnetic activity and enjoy viewing the aurora borealis, this app is right for you. This version is ad-supported and is similar to other apps such as Aurora Forecast., SpaceWeatherLive and hello aurora.
Ratings and Reviews
Edit: never mind! I found how to change location. I’m happy now haha. It was a bit hard to find quickly for some reason. It’s not where that function usually is on most apps.
Previous review: This seems like a great app but I wish there was a way to change the location. I live in Indiana so I don’t expect to see any auroras here. Therefore most of the functions of the app are useless to me because they forecast auroras based on the phone’s location. Why not give the ability to see forecasts in another location, or multiple locations, like any weather app? I want to see when auroras will be visible in Michigan so that I can plan on when to go. I don’t want to have to drive to Michigan just to get a forecast there. Thanks.
Aurora App is Ethereal!!
I live in Alaska, with easy access to the Aurora Borealis, the catch is that I live in Anchorage which has light pollution. So with the App, I check the forecast, KP index and other factors that help me plan of my Aurora watching nights. It’s pretty accurate, even with my local weather, conditions & cloud cover info, hour by hour. Even the weather forecaster up here doesn’t come close to getting our weather right. I find other local Aurora watchers post the app’s forecast to notify other watchers-Plus the Aurora gallery from around the world is spectacular 🤩
It would be perfect but...
It would be awesome if they could add a section where people could post sightings/locations near you, I am imagining that in the app you could set it to show sightings within a certain radius of your location, this would be really helpful for nights in place like Minnesota(northern US) where it is not too often that we can see the AB, and so we can be sure that there are sightings tonight that would make some of the less risk takers among us to be assured that we could see them on that night.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- JRustonApps B.V.
- 111.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 jRustonApps B.V.